Priceline Hotel: 3-4* NYC 27/10 (1 night)

benoit
By benoit,
in

Hello,

I am splitting my bid for a trip to N-Y 10/27 to 10/31.

I already got a room for the sunday night.

This thread is for the first night of the trip.

- 1 room for 27/10

- 2 rooms for 28 et 29/10

I already bidded 4* up to $160 on MTW, MTE, UM/CPS on that night without much success.

Should I try elsewhere in NY or jump directly to the 3* and see if I can get something?

Thanx,

Ben

Should I try elsewhere in NY or jump directly to the 3* and see if I can get something?

You can try both options, which do you think your parents will prefer... but based upon current prices i'm doubtful you be successful with either.

Jersey City is an option, but getting from JFK to JC can be a bit of a hike... but if you think your parents may be interested instaying there for the next to nites of their stay than the trip wouldn't be that bad since they'd then be "in place" for the next three days (although the 'best' hotel in the area doesn't seem to be available for the nite of the 27th, but is for the 28th-30th... which adds to the decision making)

Let us know your thoughts.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanx for your help, again :)

I tried Priceline up to $150 on pretty much every area of NY for 2.5* and 3* (4* failed previously) without success.

I am now thinking of using some of my SPG points to book a Sheraton with a 50% discount.

I thought about it and for this night I'd rather stick to NY. Any other hotels you could recommend elsewhere in NY (2*?)?

Argh... This is more trouble than I expected!

One last question :)

How about this one? Best Western?

Best Western

It's $136/night ... Anything wrong with it?

If I use my SPG points, I would likely have to give 1000 points and pay around $180. That's a guess, I haven't called SPG cust. service yet.

Jersey City for the remaining two nights seem like my best option :o

I finally see the light. :)

The only downside of the property is that it's just a bit out of the way and doesn't have much of a "city feel", but for the price and for a one nite stay will probably serve their purposes well. It's about a 10 minute walk to Times Square and/or the Subway ($5 cab ride if they didn't feel like walking :) ).

REVIEWS are pretty good and have gotten better than the last time i had looked.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]