Priceline Hotel: 3* Northern VA (Tysons Corner-Falls Church) Hilton

trvl3
By trvl3,
in

Accessed Priceline through SavingsBarn.com link

Total Charges $58.07

Won on first bid for 3*, bidding Tysons Corner area only.

This was a night when Tysons Corner was actually my first choice location, unless I could get the 4* Marriott Westfields in Dulles, my favorite hotel in Northern Virginia, for $50 as I have a couple of times on weekends in the past. Bidding 4* in Dulles, I was offered a free rebid if I would go up to $64.

Based on past experience, I estimated that meant I would win for about $58. No need to go for their free rebid given the many naturally available free rebid opportunities when bidding for 4* in No. Va., as long as one remembers to avoid using Fairfax, where lurks the Hyatt Fair Lakes, a 2* masquerading as a 4*.

Thought about at what rate the greater convenience of Tysons Corner on this occasion, if I could get one of their fine 3*, would outweigh my liking of the Westfields and the probable rate of $58 there. Came up with $46, bid it, and voila, the McLean Hilton.

I was pleasantly surprised and a little amused to get this particular hotel at this low price. One of them is that I know this to be the favorite spot in No. Va. for Republican fundraisers featuring President Bush. I wonder how many of those paying $10,000 a table at one of those affairs know they're doing so in a hotel where rooms can be had for $46! Also, I used to work across the street, and have been in their lobby, bar and restaurants many times, but never stayed overnight, and it will be interesting to finally do so. The public areas, at least, are very impressive.

Congratulations on your win... looks like you had a nice, well thought out plan, and executed it.

Glad you got the hotel you wanted and will now have a chance to try out this property.

Hope you had a nice stay and thank you for starting your bids thru the SavingsBarn.com links... we certainly appreciaite it! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]