Priceline Hotel: Disneyland trip 7/3 to 7/7

disneyrunner
By disneyrunner,
in

Hello, and thanks for welcoming me to the boards. So here's the situation. I'm trying to book a stay from 7/3 to 7/7. I bid yesterday for a 4 star in Disneyland South and was declined. I bid $101. I just learned about the possible way of bidding again right away, so I created a chart as recommended.

I discovered that there are several areas that don't offer 4 stars and I've already gone through 3.

The following DON'T have 4 star hotels:

-Anaheim Hills

-Buena Park

-Cerritos

-Cypress

-Dana Point

-Disneyland North

-Fullerton

-Irvine Spectrum

-Lake Forest

-North Huntington Beach

-San Clemente

-Seal Beach

The following DO have 4 star hotels:

-Costa Mesa

-Disneyland South (where I was bidding)

-Irvine

-Laguna Beach

-Newport

So today, I tried to combine Disneyland South and Anaheim Hills, then Seal Beach, then San Clemente. I stopped there because it kept telling me that I had already bid on those areas and needed to wait 24 hours, which I hadn't. I'm at a loss to what to do. I opened another browser and when that didn't work, I created an account for my husband with a completely different credit card number and email address. Our address is the same, though. Bid there and it told me I had already bid, so it seems our accounts were immediately linked.

I honestly don't mind bidding on a lower star level, however it seems that people are frequently getting Crowne Plaza (3.5 stars) and Clarion (2.5 stars) and I will not stay at either of those hotels. Everything else outside of the 1 star market is fine with me, but the possibility of getting those scares me too much to do it.

I'm so sorry this is so long but I didn't want there to be any confusion. Thanks for your help!

When you made the $101 bid is that the only bid that you made that day?

The next day, when you bid Disneyland South and Anaheim Hills, then Seal Beach, then San Clemente, was this the first bid of the day or did you first bid Disneyland South by itself... did that go thru (and at what price did you bid?) If you then added Anaheim Hills, what price and did that go thru? It's not clear if you added all three re-bid zones at once or included them one at a time, and if you added one at a time, if any of them were submitted without being a duplicate bid.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm thinking a HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS deal might be a better option?

In what sense would one of these be better? I suspect if you wait a full 24 hours since your last bid you'll be able to start with a 'clean slate' and place any bids that you should be permissible.

We can assist with whatever service you'd like to use to move forward with, but i wouldn't write-off bidding on PRICELINE because you had one issue placing a bid that got kicked back as a duplicate.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We just went ahead and booked a hotel direct bc it was getting too close. I started a spreadsheet with details for each hotel in the areas though. Name, star level, what's included (wifi, parking, etc) and I have some of the amenity details (pets, etc) so I can have it handy the next time we go and can reference back to it. We're season passholders so we go all the time. I am running in the Disneyland Half Marathon on labor day weekend so that will be our next trip. I'm determined to do an unpublished rate or name your own price and I'll have more time to get with you all to narrow it down. I'm actually kind of excited, lol!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]