Hotwire Hotel: Hotwire in the Dominican Republic

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

I'm vacationing in the Dominican Republic and have found Hotwire useless here. Their rates for all star levels are equal to or higher than the rates on Expedia and Travelocity, where you also get to pick your hotel.

A 2.5* hotel in Santo Domingo was offered for $48, but Hotwire then added on an unbelievable $46.35 in taxes and fees. On Expedia, I booked the Dona Elvira B&B for $60 with taxes and fees and it turned out to be a very nice place with free high-speed Internet access in all rooms!

In La Romana, Hotwire offered an all-inclusive resort for $76. With taxes and fees = $83. I suspected that this was one of the Wyndham resorts in Bayahibe, so checked on wyndham.com and found... $83. So I booked on wyndham.com and got points and all the amenities that come with the free Wyndham By Request membership.

So don't automatically believe that Hotwire or Priceline always offer the best deals. Check the conventional websites and you will often run into great finds. And remember these sites should be accessed through savingsbarn.com to support betterbidding.com!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I did use PRICELINE for bidding in a resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, got Sanctuary Cap Cana FIVE star! for about $180 (can't remember ecxactly). This was for June 27-29 of 2009. It was pretty dead, "low Season". I Booked a week ahead But was great, and one of the most elegant/fancy hotels I've ever stayed at.

Marga,

Can you please post a NEW TOPIC with the details of your previous PRICELINE purchase so we can add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

You can still view the details of this purchase by going to PRICELINE and clicking the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]