Priceline Hotel: Looking for 3* in Jersey City

barbt
By barbt,
in

Hello,

I am looking for advice for bidding on a room in Jersey City for next weekend (Sept 30 - Oct 2). I would like to stay at the Hyatt or Doubleday in order to take advantage of the PATH into NY. I tried bidding $95, 3 days ago and was unsuccessful. Any advice on what I should try next?

I tried $125 and was rejected with a reply that I would be allowed to retry if I was willing to increase the price by $22. Is this a smart move or should I wait 72 hours and try at a lower price? How often does the price come down as the date of your desired reservation approaches (one week away).

Thanks

Well Hotwire appears to have it for $146/nite (on my search), so paying $147 thru Priceline doesn't seem like a good idea (although their difference in fees may negate any savings).

If savings $20 is important to you than i would wait and try bidding $135/nite. Of course, the risk is that this offering disappears, so you also have to weigh the risk of it no longer being offered and would you be content staying at an alteranate property, such as the Candlewood Suites. If the answer to the 2nd half of that question is "no way", then swallow the $20 and take the Priceline counter-offer or buy it on Hotwire.

Any questions feel free to ask... let us know what you decide.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]