Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Lower East Side) Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side

hungryjack
By hungryjack,
in

I was about to try my hand for the first time at the Priceline bidding feature and am so thankful I came across this website first; it's been very helpful! I was hoping for some help with a strategy for bidding a 2.5-3* hotel in the below zones. My wife and I are spending 2 days/1 night for our 6th anniversary and would like to save as MUCH many as possible. We are young and active; so don't mind walking all day:-). We are looking to stay a Thursday night and our dates are flexible throughout the summer (from no until end of August),so any advice of when prices will be cheapest would be appreciated. We were thinking of hitting the sights and restaurants of the midtown/CP area 1 day, then the LES/Chinatown/Brooklyn, etc area the next day. It's not important which we do first. Basically looking for a place just to crash our head for a night in a decent location; doesn't have to have frills or be big, just not a sketchy neighborhood or full of bed bugs:-). Wanted to spend like $140-$150 max (including taxes); but obviously want to start bidding much lower (and if I could snag a 3.5* at at/below that price point then great; but if that's not realistic then no problem). Any help with strategies would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks

Ranking (somewhat in order of importance; but again, not too set):

LES: any 2.5*-3*

MTW: The Lexington or the Rodger Smith

TS: any 3*

MTE: any 2.5*-3*

CPS: Wellington Hotel

Welcome to BetterBidding... we're glad you found us too! :)

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Happy early anniversary! :)

There is no way to guarantee a specific property, but I think you should be able to get a hotel within your desired budget range for a Summer Thursday - for example, I'm seeing what looks like the Holiday Inn Midtown for $122 (a 3*) for 7/11 - would that hotel be of interest? While no guarantee, you could try to bid for a 3* in the CPS zone and see if the Holiday Inn or other 3* would accept in the $95-115 area.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Since budget (which isn't much for NYC) seems to be a factor, to confirm, you're willing to pay more for a hotel in Times Square vs. a hotel in MTW... or is your goal really the least expensive 3* hotel in TS or MTW (or perhaps LES as well?)

With no re-bid zones available at the 3* level i would suggest being willing to accept a few zones so that you can combine zone combinations in order to get multiple bidding opportunities within the same bidding session. Also, i would give up your hopes for specific hotels as there is no way to target a specific property when bidding on PRICELINE, and with a budget of a $115-$120 bid price (not very much for NYC) i think your goal should be to get *a* hotel, not expecting a specific one.

Let us know if you want to bid multiple zones at once (and if so which ones) or if you prefer to bid one zone up to your limit, then try the next zone up to your limit, etc, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It doesnt matter to me if its MTW or TS. Whatever will be the cheapesr option is good with me. It seems to me that LES would be cheapest, then MTW, then TS would the most expensive; is this correct? I am planning to take the wifey to Phantom (2hrs 45mins long) at the Majestic at 8pm and then grab some pizza after at John's. By this time, it will be 12 midnight and the next day, I want to take her to the LES and southern Manhattan areas. Wanted to eat breakfast at Clinton St Baking Company in LES; hence why it would be nice just to wake up in LES and be able to walk there. But it would also be nice to leave the theatre/John's at midnight and get to our hotel more quickly by staying in MTW or TS area. Hopefully that helps you see where I am coming from. So I am down with the best "deal" in LES or MTW. If TS is going to be the most expensive, then we can leave that one for last OR try to start with it first and see if I can get a steal. I am willing to go up to the $140-150 range if we have to.

Thanks for your help and expertise:-)

I would begin with the following:

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* TS...

Select 3* LES...

Select 3* MTW and TS...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTW and LES...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTW and TS and LES..

Bid $120

You can try this for the first available Thursday, if rejected close the browser, use this link to re-access PRICELINE, and re-try for the next available Thursday, etc, etc. going thru all acceptable Thursdays. If that is rejected we can discuss if you'd like to bid a little higher, include other possible zones, lower your star rating, etc.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

WIN ALERT!

Thanks for the help with the bidding strategy. I ended up winning the 3* Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side at $120/night for July 11th. I tried bids at 110 and 115 but got rejected. With taxes, that comes to $152.74. The best rate I could find on the Holiday Inn website or other booking sites was around $160/night; and w/ taxes that comes to around $189. Seems like this is a pretty decent deal!? The hotel seems to be very highly reviewed and is a brand NEW hotel in a good location. I used your PRICELINE links and will make sure to spread the word!!

Thanks,

Taylor

Won the new 3* Holiday Inn NYC - LES with a $120 bid for July 11th.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something within your budget and are excited for your upcoming trip!

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your results, helping us add this new hotel to the http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?app=hotel_lists&tid=93'>Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

what was the hotel description on Priceline? I'd like to get that rate there too!
ts68,

When bidding on PRICELINE no description is given so there is no way to target a specific hotel. As well, rates are more about availability/hotel occupancy levels for specific dates rather then bidding a certain way. If rates for your dates are higher then rates for the OP's trip above, there is a likely probability that you won't be able to replicate the same deal.

For help with your own stay please continue your existing Priceline New York City thread and we will assist you there.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]