Priceline Hotel: Chicago NMA or Mag Mile -- Oct. 13-16

cairosteve
By cairosteve,
in

Just looking for a little guidance. Looking to bid on a three-day stay in Chicago in mid October, and was hoping for a four-star near the action. Which zone is better -- the North Michigan Ave/River North zone or the Millennium, Loop and Grant Park zone? I guess when I say 'action' I mean good restaurants, nightlife, shopping, bars, etc. Any advice is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Been trying to get a hotel in Chicago for Thursday, Oct. 13 to Sunday, Oct. 16. Was looking for NMA or Mag Mile/Loop.

Bid $100 for 4*, rejected, and added another zone

Bid $120, added another zone

Bid $140 added another zone

Bid $160, added Boutique hotels

Bid $180, still rejected.

I know the Bears are home that weekend which isn't making this easier. I'm going to try again with three stars, but can't do it now because I don't want a three-star in some of the zones I picked. So how many days do I have to wait?

Any tips would be appreciated. Should I try for Hotwire?

Thank you.

I was just saying the other day that Chicago could use a few more hotels. There were several dates (and stretches of dates) in the past 4-5 months where the city seemed booked solid. About a week ago, I was able to point someone in the direction of the Red Roof inn off Michigan Ave, which appeared to have availability for 10/14-16 (they were able to call the hotel and get a room for $145), but I doubt they still have any rooms.

• 5 months later...

There's plenty of great restaurants in Evanston and you also have the choice of getting a Metra train (metrarail.com) downtown instead of CTA, as the Metra trains do provide a more pleasant ride.

It is a bit of a trip downtown, but if you have to stay outside the city, I think Evanston's the nicest choice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]