Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Wailea - Makena) Wailea Marriott

s232271
By s232271,
in

I want a resort (lahania area) Maui 6/2 - 6/6, and wondered when should I begin bidding?

I just wondered if it is way too early to start? Should I have a back up reservation in case?

Also, is my expectation of $160 - $200 too low? (I am basing on what others are reporting)

Here are the current online rates for my dates:

Hyatt Maui $325

Westin Maui $305

Sheraton Maui $400

any advice is appreciated TIA!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's never too early to bid as long as you know your plans are firm and that yo don't overbid. Although it's never too early to bid, i don't think you'll be successful this early.

If you're plans are firm and you'd like to begin, let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to begin with.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have two re-bid zones when bidding resort in this area. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

I would bid as follows:

Select Resort Ka'anapali-Lahaina...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160.

Always double-check your re-bid zones before bidding to make sure that no hotels have been added to an area which would make that zone no longer a re-bid zone.

I would only bid every 2 weeks or so at this early stage or your likely to drive yourself crazy and/or get frustrated.

Let us know if you have any questions and keep us updated as to your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

My husband wants to bid for

6/2/2006 - 6/06/2006 in the Kaanapali-Lahania area-- RESORT only.

He has been keeping track of the winning bid amounts and wants to go no higher than $160 at present date. He thinks it is too soon to try much higher amounts. We have a back up at the Maui Sheraton for

$283.

Is this unreasonable? I feel we are wasting our time trying right now.

Must have bid too high since we got it on our first bid,

but come on $120 for 4 nights at the Wailea Marriott for June 2006,

even with construction, seems like a great deal!!

Noticed another board member getting $125 so we decided to change our location and try for the

Wailea area instead.

We have bid in the past few months as much as $150 and got nothing, but had great luck tonight.

thanks for all the help.

Glad you decided to consider Wailea. You never would have gotten $120 for a resort in Kaanapali. Lately, Wailea priceline prices haven't been cheap enough to recommend instead of Kaanapali (unless Kaanapali was unavailable), but at $120 it's a very good alternative for a Maui vacation.

I'm sure other bidders will "test" your price, but my guess is that you could not have gotten it much cheaper than that.

• 3 months later...

They sure don't and, frankly, it seems like "remodeling" hotels are VERY prevalent on priceline. If you think about it, it makes sense -- but can of course be a little disappointing to priceline bidders. That said, I've yet to have a major problem with a renovating hotel. Usually, the work is done fairly discretely and quietly. It's worth the huge discount.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]