Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Texarkana (Texarkana, AR) Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Texarkana

purplelotus
By purplelotus,
in

Just won this today. Total cost $51.78. Priceline showed rating of 8.0 with amenities of free breakfast, free internet, pool, business center and fitness center. Similar hotel (so probably same one)on Priceline Express for $47 ($61 with tax and fees) so I saved about $9 off that. Cheapest rate (AAA) on Holiday Inn website was $109. Trip Advisor rating is 4/5. Bid for 3-star up to $43. No luck. Bid for this first at $37 -- unsuccessful and no counter -- then added zone and increased bid to $39 and got it. Am very pleased with price. Wasn't afraid to bid at this level given rating of 8 or above.

I think this is a new hotel -- hardly any data for Texarkana(either Texas or Arkansas).

Used BB PRICELINE link.

Hotel itself is nice -- new, attractive decor, indoor pool, standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast. Did have a major problem here though. We were in room, and someone else was assigned our room and started entering. Fortunately, we had security latch on door. Then our keys didn't work. Took a long time to sort out. Clerk on duty was new and didn't handle it well. We left early next day, and manager wasn't there so I called from another hotel later that day. She was exceedingly apologetic although they can't figure out what happened with their computer system (a bit scary). She gave me some priority club points as compensation since I had bought it on Priceline.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]