Hotwire Hotel: 4* Jacksonville (Jacksonville Beach - Ponte Vedra) Marriott Sawgrass Resort

mjcbtl
By mjcbtl,
in

Nice facility. We were put on the bottom floor. I wonder does Hotwire customers get the worse rooms. I've heard rumors this happens.

Lots of restaurants (very expensive), bars & Starbucks. Nice seating areas to sit and chat. Great large outdoor deck with plenty of seating and fire pits. Several nice pool areas (4) and a couple of bubbling hot tubs. The grounds are awesome with plenty of nice walking paths that cross over small water outlets. Nice lagoon that's really nice at night. Hotel Rooms slightly above average. They stuck us in a double although I asked for a King ( booked May 20, 2013). They charge for everything it seem like... parking and Wi-Fi. Very quiet and not a lot of kids which is great for us, we wanted a nice adult get away. Seem like they cater more to adults... (golfer) type of resort. Seems like a great place to relax. Plan your trip and you will really enjoy it, there are plenty of restaurants nearby if you don't want to pay the price at the resort.

Golf, spa, fitness center, lobby bar, beautiful grounds, walking trails, Cabana beach Club access

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success and glad to see that you have begun to enjoy your stay.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

In regards to room assignments, here are some of my comments from a recent post:

Occupancy levels and what is available is a big factor in the room type that you are assigned, but there are many other factors as well... what is available at check-in, mood of the front desk clerk, hotel policy, etc. While there are some hotels that do appear to discriminate towards guests who book thru 3rd party websites, fortunately this is the exception and not the rule, and the vast majority of stays go off without any issue. It is too easy to blame PRICELINE or HOTWIRE (or any other 3rd party booking) when you don't get the room type you really wanted, but sometimes it's just not available, or you didn't make your preference known. For example, i recently had a hotel stay where i booked direct since i needed a specific location for an event, and the room i was assigned was next to the elevator. If i had booked thru a 3rd party website it would be easy to use that as a scapegoat for the room type assigned, but i don't believe there was any 'ill intent' since i actually had a very good repertoire with the clerk at check-in and he gave me an additional perk i wasn't technically entitled to... so i know the clerk had no bad intent with the room assigned, but if i had booked thru a 3rd party it would be easy to say "i got the room next of the elevator because i booked thru a 3rd party" (and there would be no way to prove otherwise) I'll further add that the room was fine and no elevator noise was heard at all.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]