DCA to MGA or SJO

miamichillin99
By miamichillin99,
in

First let me start by congratulating the admin and mods of this great forum. Some very educational info here that helps many.

My question as a newbie is the following:

For Priceline or Hotwire what percentage can I expect to knock off an international flight fare. I'm looking for DCA to MGA which is going for about 850 or DCA to SJO which is going for 500.

Thank in advance.

:) :) :o

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There is no set amount, it differs day-to-day as well as route-to-route.

I would not get your hopes too high as discounts on airfare are not that great these dates, and often are not viable when one considers not being able to choose the itinerary.

You can use the re-bid technique i discussed in this PRICELINE AIRFARE thread... if you don't understand how to apply to your own situation just let us know and we'll explain in terms of your own itinerary.

What does Hotwire show for the same routes on the day(s) of your travel?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the nice welcome thereuare. Hotwire says 779 DCA--> MGA and 480 DCA--> SJO. So it's a bit cheaper than PL. Thanks for the link on re-bidding, I'm planning on buying these tix today since I'm only a week away from my travel dates so I'll use that strategy when bidding. I was hoping on getting 50% off like you can with hotels, especially since these routes are not popular and probably the planes are pretty empty.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]