Priceline Hotel: New to Priceline

MLH
By MLH,
in

Sorry, having trouble figuring out how this works....I realized after I didn't put in my actual destination :wacko:

We are hoping to stay Downtown-Pike place. The best price I've found on HOTWIRE is $178 for a 4* so I was hoping to get something a little better than that. Maybe $140-150?

Thanks...bear with me!

When bidding 4* in Seattle you have THIRTEEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Pike Place...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I actually did this tonight and got up to 150 and nothing....will try again in a couple of days.

Wondering if you could help with what this hotel could be. Ideally would love a Westin or W...

Booking for August 23-25, 2013

4* Downtown-Pike Place

80% Recommendation

Cost 170.52

Amenities: Pet friendly, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), High-Speed Internet Access

When you go to ALL amenities you also get a bunch of stuff about being accessible.

Thanks for the help.

Please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Using the method above what is the room rate per nite in US Dollars?

I also think there may be more amenities associated with this property. If you go back to HOTWIRE and click this offer to get to the details page, then on the details page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

Okay so I tried again on PRICELINE tonight and got up to $160.00 after all thirteen rebidding zones and still got rejected....am I doing something wrong? Should I just book with HOTWIRE?

When I switch to USD on the HOTWIRE site the 4* I (think) I was talking about is $162.00. Amenities include: Pet friendly - terms apply, Smoke free rooms, Restaurant, Fitness Centre, Internet access and then all sorts of accessibility stuff. It's got an 80% Customer recommendation and a Best Value check mark. Thoughts on what hotel it is?

Alternatively there is a 3.5* that has a 95% recommended by Hotwire customers. Amenities include: Free Internet, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Centre, Restaurant and High Speed Internet. Thoughts?

...and then all sorts of accessibility stuff.

Please include the full list of amenities and room rate for each of the HOTWIRE properties above (including the 'accessible' ones) and we'll have a look.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Downtown - Pike Place area hotel 4*

Hotwire $162.00

Amenities include:

Pet Friendly, Smoke free room, fitness centre, high speed internet, restaurant, accessibility for the blind, accessibility for the deaf, accessible path of travel, in-room accessibility, roll in shower, accessible bathroom and handicapped parking.

80% Recommended

Hotwire Best Value

What hotel please?

alternatively

Downtown - Pike Place Area Hotel 3.5*

Hotwire $153.00

Amenities include: Free internet, Smoke free rooms, restaurant(s), high speed internet access

95% Hotwire recommendation

Hotwire Best Value

or

Downtown - Space Needle 3.5*

Hotwire - $195.00

Amenities include: Free internet, smoke free rooms, restaurant(s), high speed internet access

90% Hotwire recommendation

Thanks!

Downtown - Pike Place area hotel 4* $162

Best guess would be Renaissance Hotel.

Please remember to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board and let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help with this stay.

Yellowdog.

PS. please remember to follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing for this trip, even if you don't use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc.

Just book the Westin for $157/nite....cancelable up to 3 days before checkin, or the Renaissance for $153/nite...cancelable up to 1 day before check in at Lastminutetravel.com Club. If you don't have Club access, just call them and ask for either of those hotels. Then you can keep bidding at lower rates on PRICELINE to hopefully get a better deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Still trying. I've gotten up to $159.00 on Priceline and nothing. Apparently the median price for a 4* is has gone up over the week or so that I've been bidding. The prices on Hotwire seem to be going up as well. Would I be best to book now or wait until last minute and hope that prices drop?

I'll keep using the links on this page for both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE and if anything works out I'll post.

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Pike Place zone for $162/nite with:

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... my guess for this one would be a new amenity set for the Renaissance, but i'm not certain, and give your PRICELINE rejections at $159, there is a chance that this 4* HOTWIRE property is a 3.5* rated property on PRICELINE (but if the Renaissance it's 4* rated at both)

There is also a 3.5* hotel for $153/nite with:

Free Internet

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Hi-Speed Internet

... and an impressive 4.5/5.0 TA rating and 95% recommendation from previous guests. Unfortunately i'm not sure which property this one is, but it does seem to have good credentials if you want to consider this one as well, as sometimes the difference between a 3.5* and 4* could be marginal (and you may prefer the 'great' 3.5* to the 'average' 4*)

As far as prices dropping between now and your stay, nobody can say for certain as it all depends upon how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expected reservations/cancellations... it's equally possible that rates continue even higher from here. For more on this subject see the 'Bid Early or Late' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

If you do choose to wait i'd book a refundable back-up (which i assume you didn't do previously)... i did find the a refundable rate at the W Seattle for $192 which isn't that much more than what you have already bid and protects you if rates continue to rise but the flexibility to cancel should they drop from here.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]