Priceline Hotel: Bidding Strategy - Help Needed

Luiz
By Luiz,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When bidding 5* in DC you have FIFTEEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* White House...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The only 5-star in the PRICELINE stable that I am aware of is the Willard. $140 may be on the exact low range of what they might release for one or two nights, but that's very optimistic. I would suggest you look at the Loews Madison and the Sofitel Lafayette Square at 4.5 stars to see if they meet your standards, because they are far more likely to be available at and below $140, the Madison in particular.

Edit: just noticed Priceline considers Sofitel and Madison 4-star hotels, so it would actually be very difficult to target them with NYOP because of all the other 4-stars nearby. I've definitely seen them listed as 4.5 star options in the Express Deal opaque section, however.

I would be fine with Sofitel or Madison, but they are listed as 4*, according to the list posted here.

On the other hand, when I select the "white house-downtown" area, priceline gives me the option of 4.5* hotels.

Do you think priceline now has Sofital and Madison as 4.5* with NYOP?

If so, wich should be my strategy, if I want either a 4.5* or a 5*?

I believe both the Sofitel and Madison are currently 4.5* rated by PRICELINE... as you have FIFTEEN re-bid zones at both the 4.5* and 5* levels, you can try the strategy above at 5*, if rejected close the browser, once again use the board link to re-access PRICELINE, and re-try at the 4.5* level.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...

For those dates, hotwire is offering a 4* in the White House area for $77. Amenities are: Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility and Accessible bathroom, so I~m Gessuing this is the Capital Hilton. Am I right? If so, is the internet free of charge?

I won't be able to use priceline, because my little daughter will join our travel party and they only accept reservations for 2 people.

Another question for you guys: as for Hotwire, if I get a qoute for 2 adults and 1 child, will I be able to get a 2-bed room?

HOTWIRE guarantees sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search. While this often means two beds in the room, the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway, etc.

I agree, best guess for the property above would be the Capital Hilton.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 1 month later...

We decided to book through a channel where we could choose the number of beds.

My wife insisted we'd need 2 beds and a kitchen to prepare our baby's meal, so we ended up booking the State Plaza Hotel ($120 per night, including taxes, after apllying a discount code).

Anyways, thanks for the help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]