Hotwire Hotel: 3* Boston (Quincy Mk-Financial) Holiday Inn Select

discjoker
By discjoker,
in

Quite a savings on this one (this room is going for $275.95 On Holiday Inn's own website...so I saved $181.95 thru Hotwire). Works out to a better deal since I have the Entertainment Book $30 rebate which I haven't used yet.

Also, it seems that on your hotel list, it is listed as being in the Boston Common/Theatre District. However Hotwire lists this hotel as Quincy Market/Financial District.

Congratulations on your win.

Can you please also add the amenties that were shown before your purchase. You can still view these by clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Also, what is the address of the Holiday Inn that you won, as the Holdiay Inn Select at 5 BLOSSOM ST AT CAMBRIDGE ST is clearly in the Boston Common-Theater District zone (although it's possible that Hotwire has mis-zoned it)

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This zone has been re-difined in the past (i think it was the Hyatt that was on the edge of one zone and then was switched into another) so maybe a change took place back then.

Bottom line is that if your happy with the results you're all set; if for some reason you're not happy with the outcome i'm sure you can get out of this reservation (or be offered some Hotwire bucks to use on a future purchase) if you complain to Hotwire.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I saw that the administrator of the forum stated that this hotel is clearly in the Boston Common/Theatre District. I would not agree with that. It is placed correctly in the Quincy Market/Financial District. If you leave the hotel and go up the hill a couple of blocks, you are at government center and at that T-Stop. On the way there you pass the Bowdoin T-Stop which is only open certain times. It is a great location for the North End or Quincy Market. This would not be a good location for the theatre district unless you took the T.

Just to clear things up:

First, the Holiday Inn-Select is located in the Boston Common / Theatre District according to the Hotwire map. Hatab, if you look at the Google map then the Hotwire map, you will see.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=5+Blossom+St...,0.041096&hl=en

Just because you can walk to Quincy Market quicker than to the Theatre district doesn't mean that it is located within that zone on Hotwire. Boston is a walking city, but a map (and its zones) are how the hotels are divided. The Holiday Inn Select really isn't even close to the QM/FD zone on Hotwire, so I can't see why it is included in it. QM/FD doesn't extend West past Merrimack St / Somerset St.

I'll say it again:

Thaks for clarifying for us.

So to make sure i have it right, the following is correct?:

3* Holiday Inn Select Government Center (believe this hotel belongs in the Boston Common/Theater District zone but is incorrectly classified by Hotwire in the Quincy Market-Financial zone)

Sorry for causing a problem. I grew up on Mt. Vernon Street which is right up the hill on the other side of Cambridge Street. I thought someone had said that it was put in the wrong area and I had thought that it was place correctly in all aspects; ie maps, etc. I think the name Holiday Inn-Government Center chose it's name partly for its location. It is a great location to get almost anywhere in the city, since several T locations are nearby.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]