Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Boston Common - Theater District) Boston Park Plaza Hotel And Towers

Mhenrique
By Mhenrique,
in

Hello,

i'm needing help. Travelling to Boston/MA, with my girlfriend.

We'll be staying from 9/12 to 9/17. We'd like to stay at a 4* hotel in Boston Common area.

Any suggestions? First time in priceline, btw.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I think Cambridge East area is OK too.

We understand you just fine. :)

I'm not sure of your plans while in Boston but the 'main downtown' zones are Quincy Market, Boston Common, Copley Square... the other zones such as Cambridge, Waterfront, Harbor Front, Beacon Hill come into play. Do you have plans that would make Cambridge a good zone for your needs? Any thoughts on the other 'core downtown' zones... or do you only want to stick with Boston Common (and Cambridge East??)

Confirm the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

actually I'll visit a friend of mine who lives in Cambridge East and works in Copley Square/Prudential Center. he told me to stay in this areas near Subway system. I'm a doctoral candidate, so, want to visit the universities around.

do you have any tips about it?

thanks again. :)

At current rates i think this will be a difficult win at $130 or under, but to give it a try...

When bidding 4* in Boston you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Copley...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Cambridge East...

Select 4* Copley and Cambridge East...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have you been able to determine if your bid was accepted or not... you should be able to see the status of the bid you placed by going to the 'Check Your Request' link at the top of PRICELINE's home page.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

PS- yes, you have your re-bid zones correct, but always double check just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed since you last checked.

You can/should also look in "MY TRIPS" just to make sure that nothing is seen there as well.

Good luck on your bidding and keep us updated on your progress and how we can be of further help.

Can I use my dad's/mom's credit card for the reservation...

Assuming you have their permission. ;)

The credit card used for the reservation need not be the same for the person who is checking in, but the person checking in should have a credit card (it can be different then the one used for the reservation) as the hotel will likely want one to cover any incidentals charged to the room.

now looking for 3.5* (~100usd). Beacon Hill, Boston Common, Copley Square, Quincy Market and East Cambridge.

Did you bid all of these zones at the 4* level or ONLY the Copley and Cambridge East zones? Is 4* acceptable in the 'new' zones you've listed above?

Currently rates are high for your dates and i don't think your expectations of a 4* for $130 or a 3.5* for $100 are realistic... it's possible that rates come down in the weeks/months ahead and you could win (but they could also move even higher and further away from your budget). Have you looked at current rates for your dates at all? Using MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable 3.5* or better hotel in one of the areas you're willing to accept?

I followed your bidding strategy, only Copley and Cambridge. Yes, now I'm accepting 4* in the new zones.

Rates are high, dunno why. I can try 3.5* for $120 too.

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com I found:

Omni Boston: $248 (4*)

Millenium Bostonian: $303 (4*)

Langham Boston: $247 (5*)

The Lenox: $290 (4*)

Hilton Boston Downtown: $256 (4*)

W Hotel Boston: $316 (4*)

Loews Back Bay: $279 (4*)

Doubletree Downtown: $299 (3.5*)

Boston Park n Plaza: $230 (3.5*)

(so, i'm looking for an offer of 50~60% off)

That's it. Thanks again.

When rates are high it's indicative of higher demand, and although there is more profit margin for a hotel when rates are high, they may actually be less likely to discount as deeply since rooms are scarce and in high demand. At current rates i'm guessing that you're likely looking in the $150-$170 range for a 3.5* property... closer to $160-$180 for a 4* property.

Since the least expensive hotel above, the Omni at $248, you haven't even bid for yet since you didn't include this location in your previous bidding, i would bid as follows (assuming you are not willing to raise your maximum bid at all at this point in time):

Select 4* Beacon Hill, Boston Common, Copley Square, Quincy Market...

Select 4* Cambridge East...

Select 4* Beacon Hill, Boston Common, Copley Square, Quincy Market and East Cambridge...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask. If rejected you also have SIX re-bid zones at the 3.5* level, so you could simply close the browser, use the board link to re-access PRICELINE, and re-try at the 3.5* level (we can adjust the bid prices accordingly if you'd like, but as per above, i think even a win at $130 for a 3.5* would be considered a 'win' at this point based upon current rates for these dates)

The Best Western Plus Hotel Tria would be my best guess for the North Cambridge-Arlington property.... the Doubletree Club Boston Bayside would be my guess for the Boston South property (although difficult to be too confident with just one amenity showing)

You know your plans better than we do, but i'd sooner bid 3* in the 'downtown' zones before moving too far outside of the city center like this. If you're able to increase your budget a bit you may find something centrally located at the 3.5* or above in the $150-$170 area.

I suspect that SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID won't help much at the moment, but i would try the following date combinations:

9/12-9/17

9/12-9/16

9/13-9/17

9/12-9/15

9/14-9/17

This way you first try to get as many nites as possible (leaving fewer to 'fill-in'). Also, note that since you're changing the dates of your stay this is treated as an entirely new bid, so no need to wait 24 hours from your previously rejected bid (assuming you're starting with the 2nd set of dates in the list above, since you just tried the first set of dates earlier today)

Any questions feel free to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. No luck yet. Still thinking about PRICELINE EXPRESS deal (North Cambridge, our guess it is Best Western Tria, near Alewife T Station/Red Line, 122usd). But today, HOTWIRE is showing a deal in Brookline-Newton-Harvard:

3* $133

Free Internet

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

80% overall satisfaction

AND

Cambridge Area

3* $146

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Accessible for the blind

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Wheelchair accessible common areas

85% overall satisfaction

Can you help me identifying it?

HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please try the following:

• use this link to search HOTWIRE
  • from the search results page click each of these hotel offers
  • on the next page click BOOK NOW (no worries about purchasing by accident since no credit card information is entered up to this point)
  • on the left side of the page click the 'See all amenities' link

If you follow the above, do you now see more amenities for each then what you included above?

Now I'm seeing (including above):

3* Brookline-Newton-Harvard

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

3* Cambridge

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Thanks! Wish you a great week :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]