ReBid Problem - Las Vegas

rcards1
By rcards1,
in

I needed a 4* Las Vegas Strip Hotel.

I bid $121. Rejected.

I rebid $130 in Henderson and LV Strip.

Henderson only has 2*, 2.5*, and Resort.

No 4-5*

I figured (wrongly) that I would only get a strip location since I was requesting a 4* HOTEL - NOT RESORT.

I got the Henderson Resort. I called customer service and they said the resort was a 4.5*. While that may be true, no where did it state that a 4.5* hotel was available in Henderson.

I just used Henderson for rebid purposes (I'll never do that again!).

Customer Service would not do anything. Of course it is Sunday and anybody with any authority is off. I emailed upper management and put a stop on my CC since I believe I got something I did not request. I got a Resort and never requested a Resort and no where does it say that a Resort may be considered a 4* place, I think.

Any further suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

aww... i'm sorry this happened to you. :)

unfortunately, i'm not sure if there's anything you can do to fix the situation.

did you do some research on this site before going ahead and bidding?

i think you also may have started a bit too high for a 4* in Vegas.

$121 is usually more than enough to book a regular refundable reservation directly w/ a 4* hotel.

also, see this thread: Confusion about Resorts and Free Re-bids where thereuare mentions the hierarchy of star ratings on Priceline.

Resort is always higher than a 4*, so on 4* bids, any zone w/ a Resort is NOT a free rebid.

this is because when you bid a 4*, you are effectively bidding for a 4* or higher.

hey... at least you'll know this for the future! :)

good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the quality level hierarchy that i just received thru Priceline's customer service, which is subject to change:

Mr. thereuare, please note that hierarchy for the hotel star ratings is as follows:

5-Star hotels

Resorts

4-Star hotels

3.5-Star hotels Boutique

3-Star hotels

2.5-Star hotels

1-Star hotels

As part of our service, priceline.com will, when available, upgrade our

customers to a higher star level as a benefit and at no additional cost

to you. That means if you submit request for Boutique hotels, we will

search for 4-star hotels and 5-star hotels as per the hierarchy. (MY NOTE: i assume a boutique could also be upgraded to a Resort, given the hierarchy, although Resorts aren't specifically mentioned in their email)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]