Priceline Hotel: Need help with 4* Hotels in Waikiki Beach Area 14-17 October

suiyanke
By suiyanke,
in

Hi,

I need help in winning a 4* rated hotel in Waikiki beach area on Priceline.

Our budget is not to spend more than $200 per night (including taxes). Our travel dates are from 14th~17th October 2013.

I have tried as follows in the last few days:

4* Waikiki beach area at $175 per night - unsuccessful

Changed to 4* Waikiki beach area at $182 per night - unsuccessful

We would ultimately love to get Sheraton Waikiki on the beach area, but can anyone suggest a reasonable price during our travel period that may increase our chances of winning it on Priceline? or is there any other good way to win a specific hotel on Priceline? :)

BTW, are there any other fees that we must pay at the hotel when you are bidding as it isnt stated if there are any further charges when bidding coz i dont want to be surprised when we get there and are told we need to pay more.

Very appreciated if anyone can help me out with those questions.

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

You can't bid/avoid or increase your chance for a specific hotel when using PRICELINE You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select.

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Hotels might have a resort fee and that isn't included in the price. You have to pay that fee to the hotel. This goes for both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, but HOTWIRE usual indicates this in the 'Know Before You Go' box on the detail page for the hotel.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

HOTWIRE currently has a 4* hotel in the Waikiki Beach zone for $151/nite with (less then you have already bid on PRICELINE):

Resort

Near Beach

Oceanfront

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Spa

Childrens Activities

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this property would be the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa. Would this work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and/or how it goes and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Won the bid with 184$/nite on a 4* rated hotel in Waikiki beach area thru Priceline....

But wondering how can I make any special requests like upgrading my room for my honeymoon?

Should I contact with Priceline or directly email to the hotel?

so inconvenient to make a phonecall....

suiyanke

Can you please post the name of the hotel you got.

Congratulations! If you have any special request should you direct them to the hotel, not to PRICELINE. Just call the hotel and tell them that this stay is for your honeymoon. I'm sure they will help you if they can. But you might have to pay for an upgrade.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Hi thereuare,

I actually posted about a deal on HOTWIRE for the exact same price and was advised it was most likely the Hilton Waikiki Beach

the only differences between the amenities posted above and the one i posted are Golf - near golf and Ocean Front - near beach.

do you think this is the Hilton Waikiki beach? seems a coincidence they are the same amount

Thanks

Waikiki Beach area 4*

12/9 - 18/9/13

$151 per night ($1076.70 Total trip)

Amenities

free Internet

Near beach

Smoke Free Rooms

fitness Centre

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

accessible for the blind

accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]