Hotwire Hotel: Help With Toronto Downtown West (or South)

Northern Voice
By Northern Voice,
in

Hi there,

I was wondering if you could help me with a room for the night of July 6th in Toronto. We are there for the Blue Jays game and King West nightclub district, so the star level of the hotel is less of a factor than the location.

Ideally, we would like to win one of the following hotels:

Hyatt Regency on King (my first choice), Residence Inn Toronto Downtown, Radisson Hotel Admiral Toronto Waterfront, Hilton Garden Inn, One King West, Hotel le Germain, Strathcona, Intercontinental Toronto Centre, Soho Met. The Hilton and Royal York would be fine too.

Our fallback option is the Super 8 on Spadina - I've stayed in it before and it wasn't great but it's a guys weekend and if it's going to be significantly less, we could do it. We're looking in the neighbourhood of $120 for the room.

There's a 3* Toronto West hotel on Hotwire for $127 it has Free Internet, Indoor pool, fitness centre, restaurant, pool, business centre, laundry, high speed internet, spa services, full accessibility, walk in shower - Could this be the Radisson Hotel Admiral Waterfront listed at 3* or is this a hotel not on the list?

There's also a 2.5* on HOTWIRE for $120 with Free Parking, Free Internet, Smoke Free Rooms, Pool(s) High-Speed Internet Access and Kitchenette - Again, I don't see a hotel that matches, unless it's the Residence Inn listed at 2.5*

I could also switch to PRICELINE and choose Toronto Downtown (South) though this would be expanding my list of hotels a bit east and I've gotten the Sheraton Centre a couple times in the past, and while it's decent, its not ideal location this time. The 3* PRICELINE hotels listed on the site (Residence Inn and Hilton Garden Inn) would be perfect but 3* Toronto Downtown South doesn't allow for a lot of re-bids, plus other hotels may pop up there.

I think I've posted this as much to think it out as anything else but if there's any insight into the HOTWIRE hotels, or suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

I used your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start my searches as usual.

How many rooms/adults are you searching for?

There's a 3* Toronto West hotel on Hotwire for $127 it has Free Internet, Indoor pool, fitness centre, restaurant, pool, business centre, laundry, high speed internet, spa services, full accessibility, walk in shower...

What do you mean by 'full accessibility'? If you mean multiple 'accessible' amenities are listed please designate which ones are listed.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So that all the amenities are in one place (which makes it easier to research not flipping back-and-forth between posts), i assume this is the list of amenities for the 3 star:

Free Internet

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

Best guess for this 3* would be the Courtyard Downtown Toronto.

I don't have any guess for the 2.5* property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you familiar with, and using, your re-bid zones? If not see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, but if you're new to the subject matter it's highly recommended that you ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones before bidding.

Also, did you try 3.5* at all or did you drop immediately from 4* to 3*?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Are you familiar with, and using, your re-bid zones? If not see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, but if you're new to the subject matter it's highly recommended that you ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones before bidding.

Also, did you try 3.5* at all or did you drop immediately from 4* to 3*?

Yes, I used the rebidding zones, starting at ~$80 working up to $119 for 4 -star. For 3-star, I believe Toronto East is the only re-bid zone, so I went $95 and $109 on the 3*. The 3.5* hotels listed on this site (Novotel and Radisson Admiral) are a bit farther away but I will likely include them next time, I'm being a bit more picky/cautious at the start in hopes of getting that "perfect" fit.

This just popped up for $88 Downtown West, any ideas?

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

In-room accessibility

ETA - there's a note saying it charges a resort fee - the only one in Toronto I can find that does that and has free internet is the Metropolitan but I can't see it being listed as 3 star

• 3 months later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]