Hotwire Hotel: 3* Boston (Brookline - Newton - Harvard) Crowne Plaza

jw2013
By jw2013,
in

If you haven't yet please start by reading your messages.

To clarify, have you already tried all acceptable zones (Boston Common, Copley Square, Quincy Market, Convention Center and Cambridge area) at the 4* level up to $191... OR have you only bid as per your current topic title in the Boston Common and Copley Square zones?

Am i correct that you want to first bid up to your $200 limit for a 4* hotel in all acceptable zones before lowing your star rating to 3.5*?

Please confirm the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are correct. I tried all acceptable zones (Boston Common, Copley Square, Quincy Market, Convention Center and Cambridge area) at the 4* level up to $191...

And you are also correct on that I first bid up to $200 limit for a 4* hotel in all acceptable zones before lowing the star rating to 3.5*?

I am very frustrated that I have not get a hotel yet. Please advise what should I do? Thank you very much. I will use PRICELINE link from this site next time.

There are a few conferences taking place over your dates which are likely a contributing factor to the high rates you're seeing for these dates.

Also, PRICELINE has a Cambridge East and a Cambridge West zone... have you included both of these in your bidding or just one of them is acceptable?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Below are my bidding reject history.

check-in check-out areas selected minimum star level bid

06/24/2013 06/27/2013 Boston Harbor Front - Aquarium, **** $191

South Boston, Seaport District - Convention Center,

Cambridge East - Charlestown, Copley Square - Back Bay,

Beacon Hill, Quincy Market - Financial District,

Fenway Area - Brookline, Longwood Area - Jamaica Plain,

Boston Common - Theater District

06/25/2013 06/27/2013 Boston Harbor Front - Aquarium, Cambridge West - Harvard, ***1/2 $159

Seaport District - Convention Center, Cambridge East,

Boston Common - Theater District, Beacon Hill,

Quincy Market - Financial District, Copley Square - Back Bay

Both Cambridge East and West are acceptable. I think I forgot to include the Cambridge West when I did my 4 star bidding.

Just in time...

PRICELINE just released a PRICELINE EXPRESS coupon for 10% select cities (Boston is one of them) for travel between now and July 1st.

PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel in the Seaport District - Convention Center zone for $225, and using coupon code BIGCITY4 brings the room rate down to $203/nite... will this work for your needs?

The PRICELINE EXPRESS offer has:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

A guess for this property would be the Westin, although there could be other possibilities as well.

Your thoughts?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our PRICELINE EXPRESS link to go directly)

If you're all-in budget is $650 that looks like a maximum bid price of $185?? This is what we will use, although it appears that you have already bid higher then this for a 4* hotel.

When bidding Boston you have SIX re-bid zones at both the 4* and 3.5* levels. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I would bid as follows:

Select 4* Boston Common, Copley Square, Quincy Market, Waterfront...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Cambridge East and Cambridge West...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Boston Common, Copley Square, Quincy Market, Waterfront, Cambridge West...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Boston Common, Copley Square, Quincy Market, Waterfront, Cambridge East...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Boston Common, Copley Square, Quincy Market, Waterfront, Cambridge West, Cambridge West...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $183, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185

If the above is rejected close browser, use this link to re-access PRICELINE, and repeat using the 3.5* level.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

There's no general answer for this.

But PRICELINE and PRICELINE EXPRESS only guarantees double occupancy, which means you may receive a room with only one bed and the hotel could assign you a room with only one bed. You could request a room with two beds, but the hotel could be unable, or unwilling, to accommodate your request... or charge an additional fee if they are willing to accommodate you request.

HOTWIRE guarantees sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search... this often means two beds in the room, but the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Not all Boston hotels offer two beds for their standard rooms, and even if they did, there would be no assurance that the hotel would be able, or willing, to accommodate your request for a room with two beds.

You need to determine if the savings of bidding vs. purchasing a HOTWIRE hotel that ensures quad occupancy is worth the savings.

I see a 3* Hotel in Brookline-Newtown-Harvard area for $132/night for 6/25-6/27

Amenities:

Free Internet,

Indoor pool(s),

Smoke Free Rooms,

Fitness Center,

Pool(s),

Restaurant(s),

Business Center,

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

I would like to know which hotel this might be? Thank you very much.

OK. I thought when I start search on HOTWIRE I need to start a new topic.

Yes. The search for 3* Hotel in Brookline-Newtown-Harvard area for $132/night for 6/25-6/27 is for 2 adult and 2 kids. The date is set but we are open to any area not too far from Boston. Can you please recommend which hotel we can get the best deal? We prefer hotels have 3 1/2 and above stars. For the 3* Hotel, it depends on which one. We want to avoid Holiday Inn. Thanks very much.

We try to keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread (as it makes it easier to see what has already been considered)... if you ultimately use HOTWIRE the entire thread will automatically be moved to that section of the board when you report your win using the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of the page.

What are the amenities associated with this 3* HOTWIRE property?

3* Hotel in Brookline-Newtown-Harvard area for $132/night for 6/25-6/27 for 2 adult and 2 kids.

Amenities:

Free Internet,

Indoor pool(s),

Smoke Free Rooms,

Fitness Center,

Pool(s),

Restaurant(s),

Business Center,

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Thanks a lot!!

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps not perfect, glad to see you found something that works for your budget for this expensive dates in the area and hopefully you can make this work well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board... hopefully the other legs of your trip will be a bit easier.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]