Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Boston (Medford - Somerville) Amerisuites

YYC F/A
By YYC F/A,
in

I've posted before for some winning bids in London and San Juan, this time I'm looking at a hotel in Boston but it's been very challenging.

Hoping someone might be able to offer some tips or advice?

I've bidded (in this order) 4star Copley, then added Downtown, added WTC, added South Boston, added Cambridge, finally all zones going up to $110, all rejected.

3star same as above, but only up to $103, still all rejected.

2.5 star for Copley/Downtown/WTC then added South Boston, went up to $101, STILL rejected.

I know BOS is a pricey city, but I thought for $100 I'd be able to at least get a 2.5 star centrally located, or a 3/4 star in any zone?

Oct 21st for one night. I am looking for 5 rooms, does it work against you if you select 4 rooms?

Thanks for any advice...

There is soomething happening in Boston that date as Hotwire is showing rates at $250+ for 4 star properties and $200+ for 3 star properties.

Generally the number of rooms isn't too much of a factor (it is only a factor if hotels have only loaded rates for a few number of rooms). If demand is very tight, as it appears to be based upon the above, then the number of rooms could become a factor, but i imagine that there is simply very little discounted availabiity at all.

Have you checked EasyClickTravel?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah, I think you're right. I did look at the convention checker, theres a few things going on that weekend, but I still didn't anticipate just how tight for rooms things were going to be.

All is not lost however, what would appear to be either the La Quinta Inn or the Amerisuites in Bedford/Somerville *is* available through hotwire, and I'm quietly confident that I can bid it on PL thru Savingsbarn as well.

I'll keep you posted!

Finally bit the bullet, gave up on downtown, (see previous posting) and snatched a steal at the Amerisuites Medford for $65. Tried $63 and rejected with no rebid offer, but we're booking 5 rooms and a friend travelling with us used his account and got them for $65.

Hotwire was offering what looked very much to be this hotel for $75 a night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]