Hotwire Hotel: 3* Newark (Secaucus - Meadowlands) Crowne Plaza

pei_pal
By pei_pal,
in

Hi. This is my first post. This is a fantastic site! I am travelling from Canada to NYC on November 10-13. I have stayed in Jersey City before but now find the cost prohibitive. Therefore I am trying Secaucus this time. I'm wondering which hotel the $80. reviewed one is likely to be. Does anyone have any ideas. I will be taking the bus to the city, and I hear some Secaucus locations are better than others. Also, am I advised to move fast?

Hi. I became anxious thinking that sports activities might cause Secaucus hotels to be booked., so I went ahead with the $80. Hotwire bid. It turned out to be the Crowne Plaza. I was pleased until I read all the negative reviews on Trip Advisor. Oh well, better to be prepared for the worst! It sure beats the reviews for the places in NYC that I could afford where the mice were nibbling at the chocolate bars. :)

I have stayed here several times, this is a decent property and your rate of $80 is a savings of at least $60 per night or more from the standard rate. I would suggest that you sign up for the Holiday Inn Priority Club and present your card upon check in, this should help in getting you the room style that you prefer, but is no guarantee. The NJ Transit bus stop to Manhattan is right on Meadowlands Parkway, right in front of the Hote, the front desk has bus schedules, but you can also check it out on www.njtransit.com You want the 129 bus into the city, the fare is $2.30 each way.

How will you arrive to NYC from Canada?

PS, you also should keep all posts in the same "thread" as this will make it easier to follow should anyone reading this post want to make similar travel arrangements.

Thanks Mr. Hammer. Yes, I am already a Priority Club Member. I am really pleased to hear your positive comments on the hotel. I am arriving to Laguardia and leaving from Newark (flying on points from Air Canada). I probably will do the Outlet Malls the first day and go to the City on Saturday. Thanks again for your reply. Actually, I didn't know I was tangling my threads. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]