Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Miami (South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront) The James Royal Palm

nachoargentina
By nachoargentina,
in

Hi guys!

I'm looking to stay in Miami 3 nights, from June 20 to June 23. I wanted to stay close to the beach, so I've been bidding in 2 zones, South Beach Collins Oceanfront and South Beach Ocean Drive.

I saw in Hotwire that there was a 4 star hotel at $146 and then 4 1/2 at $222, so I started bidding from $150 (always using the link from the page) and I got up to $205 for the both areas. I tried 4, 4 1/2 and 5 stars. No luck. I thought since there was a 4 star hotel at $146 in Hotwire I would be able to score it with the prices I bet, but nada. The reason why I don't go ahead and buy the Hotwire offer is the fear that the hotel end up being The Pelican, and for the area and the amenities, it certainly looks like it (I will post a new thread in the Hotwire forum to confirm this ID).

What would you recommend? should I try tomorrow again? In a week? Am I too close to the date? Do prices drop when you get closer to the date? Are prices this high because June is high season in Miami or something? What about the Miami Beach area? Are prices lower there? Is it as nice as South Beach area? Take into consideration that I won't be renting a car.

Thanks for all your help in advance, is greatly appreciated!

Hi!

I'm currently looking at some hotel offerings on Hotwire. The dates I entered are Jun-20 to Jun-23.

The areas I selected are South Beach Ocean Drive and South Beach Collins Ocean Front.

There's a $146 (originally $225) hotel in South Beach - Ocean Drive area recommended by 85%. The amenities listed are:

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

I'm a little worried that it ends up being The Pelican since I really didn't like it on the website.

The other one I'm interested in (although more expensive)it's a $222 per night (originally $346) 4 1/2 stars hotel in South Beach - Oceanfront Collins area, recommended by 100%. The amenities for this hotel are:

Suite

Beachfront Property

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Maybe the James? What's is your best guess?

Also, at this point and being that I will be staying in the previously mentioned dates (Jun 20 to Jun 23), what would you recommend? Bid/Buy something now, or wait till closer to the date, as prices might drop? I don't even know if it's high or low season in Miami!

Thanks in advance for all your help!

I'm a little worried that it ends up being The Pelican since I really didn't like it on the website.

I too believe this is likely the Penguine, but have you read the reviews (and not just looked at their website)? What is it about this property that you don't like, as it is one of the top rated hotels in the area?

The other one I'm interested in (although more expensive)it's a $222 per night (originally $346) 4 1/2 stars hotel in South Beach - Oceanfront Collins area, recommended by 100%. The amenities for this hotel are:

Suite

Beachfront Property

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

I see this property at the 4* level... is this the same hotel or are you seeing a hotel at this price and amenities at the 4.5* level?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, my bad. It's actually a 4* level.

About the Pelican Hotel, I got into trip advisor and read the reviews and saw pictures the travelers uploaded...I'm sure it's a nice place to stay, but I really didn't like the style, the rooms, the bathrooms, the decoration. I found it hideous! hahaha :). It's just a matter of personal taste, I'm sure it must be an excelent hotel, but I really don't like it's style. I'll be waiting for you advice, thanks for answering!

Unfortunately this 4* property has not yet been reported to the board, but i'll add that the 4.5* property in this zone for $251/nite with:

Resort

Beachfront

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Spa

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... looks to be the James Royal Palm should this property be of any interest and more to your liking.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately, there is no way to know if rates will come down closer to the stay - this is discussed in greater detail in the FAQ. Rates are on the high side for this date and the period seems busy, so if traffic does continue to come in above expectations, there is the possibility that rates can also move higher or stay around these levels.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]