Priceline Hotel: How long before to book?

Juan Carlos
By Juan Carlos,
in

I'm trying to book a hotel in Downtown Seattle between 6/11-6/13. I've already posted bids up to $110 for hotels with 3-5 star ratings and I keep getting rejected. Is there a sweet spot on how many days prior the stay people usually bid on their rooms? i.e. 5 days before, 10 days, etc. It's my first time bidding and I've used the history posted on BetterBidding for a benchmark. I'm starting to get annoyed since I've read people getting 3.5-5 star rooms for under $100, and don't know what is going on.

Any advice? Thanks guys.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet please start by reading your messages.

Rates are date specific and based upon occupancy levels (supply/demand) for your dates of travel, so it's not uncommon to not be able to replicate another user's winning bid if their dates are different then your own, as demand (and therefore hotel rates) for your dates could be higher for your dates. For more on this subject see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find for your dates for a 4* hotel in the zone(s) you are bidding (are you bidding Downtown-Pike Place only OR also the Seattle Center-Space Needle zone as well)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]