Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark - Meadowlands (Jersey City - Hoboken - Weehawken) W Hotel Hoboken

Raytech
By Raytech,
in

Kept my options for 4-stars hotel only.

Bid 100 - failed

Bid 120 - failed

Bid 140 - ACCEPTED!

Offer Price:

avg. per room, per night $140.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $420.00

Taxes & Fees: $77.07

Total Charged to Card: $497.07

Yeah, almost 500 bucks, and with parking at $35/night, it's over $600. But it might be worth it. It's a W, after all. ;-)

Thanks for all the helpful advice from this forum!

A follow-up report on my stay at the W Hotel in Hoboken, NJ.

Going to New York City by PATH train was a breeze! Walked south along the river for less than 10 minutes and bam! the PATH train station & the ferry dock appears. (Also with the NJ light rail station -- all three combined together)

The staff was professional, nice, and kind. No coffee machine in the room -- free coffee is provided in the morning at the bar in the lobby.

I was assigned to a room with a view to the Hudson river on the 3rd floor. My whole family was thrilled.

But there was one question I had in my mind: 'what are those ear plugs on the side table for?'

I found the answer on Friday night -- the club downstairs (right below my room) was playing music, like until 3am in the morning. Lucky that I was awake & the rest of the family were already sleeping. ;-)

Bottomline: if you are sensitive to noise/sound, ask for a room that is more quiet. My guess is, a room on the west side of the building may be better. Getting a room at a higher level should definitely help.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]