Hotwire Hotel: 3* Rome (Central) Hotel des Artistes

chemist661
By chemist661,
in

I'll explain what I did. To take advantage of the $30 rebates, I did 3 separate reservations. (I have 3 different entertainment books). The prices are as follows:

11/25 $99 ($106.15 total)

11/26 $99 ($106.15 total)

11/27 $92 ($99.15 total)

On each of these dates, it said that the tax/tip was already included in the bid. That means that the hotwire fee is $7.15. Since there is a $30 rebate on each bid, I did 3 bids. I was fairly confident that the same hotel would come up since it said on each bid that tax/tip was already included.

I did get the Hotel des Artistes for all 3 dates. Trip advisor reviews rated the hotel decently. (avg 3.5 out of 5).

I checked the www.hoteldesartistes.com website & each night only costs 66 euro ($80.77 US) if prepaid. I will talk to hotwire & check into low price guarantee.

Bottom line: Lets get some more date points & check what other booking sites/individual hotel prices compare to the hotwire price. Should be interesting. :)

I talked to hotwire.com and I submitted claims for "double the difference". I should get the following amounts back:

$99 minus $81 = $18. double difference is $36.

$92 minus $81 = $11. double difference is $22.

The Customer service rep told me I can put in for the $30 rebates because the rebates & the "double the difference" are separate programs. Too bad they work with pretax amount & not give the booking fee back. Oh well, the deal is sweet if I get both credits. (double difference & rebate). :)

I spoke to the CS rep & she told me that all 3 bids would qualify since I did them all within an hour. She noted my account to that effect. She went over with me that the first one was done at a certain time, the second one 15 min later & the 3rd one 6 min after that. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Thanks for bringing up the one claim per household no less than every 6 weeks.

Can you please also add the amenties that were shown before purchase so that others can try to identify this property before purchase in the future. You can still view the amenties by going to Hotwire and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If one bids direct with the hotel at www.hoteldesartistes.com, they have a cash rate of 66 euros/night. If hotwire did not have a rebate, booking at the hotel site will save $$. 66 euros is equal to about $80.77. If one don't care about paying cash when checking in, booking with the hotel direct may be better. Non opaque, and cheaper. The other thing is that you don't have to pay until you check in. I only skimmed their terms/condition, but I would imagine that their cancellation policy would be better than hotwire's. With hotwire, you are stuck with their choice.

It just happen that I like getting this hotel. Decent reviews on trip advisor, close to the station, etc. With the rebate, it is less for me. Next time, I will book direct.

• 2 weeks later...
I talked to hotwire.com and I submitted claims for "double the difference". I should get the following amounts back: 

$92 minus $81 = $11. double difference is $22.

The Customer service rep told me I can put in for the $30 rebates because the rebates & the "double the difference" are separate programs. Too bad they work with pretax amount & not give the booking fee back. Oh well, the deal is sweet if I get both credits. (double difference & rebate).  :)

Chemist661,

Are you able to get the "double the difference" refund ? I checked the hotel website

http://www.hoteldesartistes.com/, I did not see any prepaid rate. There's a cash discount rate of US$81. Would Hotwire match (double difference) the cash discount rate ?

Thanks for the useful information. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]