Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (South) Radisson Hotel San Francisco Airport Bay Front

toocool
By toocool,
in

Hi,

Ive been bidding on hotels in New York throughout the week with no success on PRICELINE so I thought ill try San Fran for today.

After using www.mapsandhotels.com I THOUGHT there was no 3* or higher out at the airport zone as I had the search on 5 miles from union square, and bid 4*, 3.5* with fails'

then my first re bid for 3* $125 I get a Your Hotel Deal is in the Bag! my excitement soon changed to sickness as I noticed it was radisson at the airport.

Now, I assume I have no recourse on this bid and am now stuck out at the airport my whole time in San Fran. I was already on a strict budget hence bid in the first place.

I'm now worried about bidding for the rest of my trip thats for sure.

Is it as bad as it seems ?

ok, so I have calmed down a bit now and although this not ideal I still have

the BART to get us into the city fairly often for about $6 each way (the time on the bart be a downer)

I also copped a massive I told you so from the other half who is more of a just ring and book person.

arrggg

Sorry to hear you received a hotel in a zone that you didn't intend, but a few points/questions:

1) this property is actually in the South zone, is that the zone that you bid? (or do i have the wrong Radisson hotel??)

2) what are the dates of your stay... please include them in a reply to this thread so we can edit the topic title accordingly and have this purchase appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins

3) the only way to determine your re-bid zones is detailed here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. You don't want to use MAPS and HOTELS.com, nor the hotel lists on the board, to determine your re-bid zones... you should be on the 'name your own price' page of PRICELINE when determining your re-bid zones. Feel free to ask any questions you may have so that you are properly determining your re-bid zones for your future purchases. If you read this previous thread and are still confused just ask questions and we'll break it down further for you.

You could try calling PRICELINE and pleading your case, telling them that you added a zone by mistake, and see if they will allow you to wiggle out of this one... sometimes they do make an exception to their rule, but their doing so is also an exception to their rule (and they usually do not).

If you are stuck with this it's certain do-able via BART... buy your 'other half' something nice with the savings, or do something extra special with the savings from this trip that makes it a memorable experience, and s/he too will eventually be sold on the savings of buying an 'opaque' hotel.

Good luck, and please let us know the information above regarding your dates and questions that you may have for future re-bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HI,

I won (sigh) Radisson Hotel San Francico Airport Bay Front $133 night from 10 June until 13 June 2013.

I will try to contact Priceline and see how I go.

Also a big thanx to the help Ive recieved here on the forum, still have a few other cities to go yet.

toocool,

Thanx for the follow-up!

Just let us now when you're ready to bid for your other stays and we'll take a look at this and help you confirm the correct re-bid zones.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Yellowdog.

Please use the board's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases and searches

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]