Priceline Hotel: Hartford CT Area: May 25 - 26

Chase123
By Chase123,
in

Actually, I went as high as 62.00 and was not successful. I wanted to take advantage of the $7.00 bonus money opportunity -- I even added a few zones for consideration, Cromwell and Rocky Hill. Will try again tomorrow, would appreciate any assistance you can provide.

$55.00 Max before tax/fee

Zones I would stay in, 3* minimum: Avon, Farmington, Manchester/Vernon, Rocky Hill

I have bid successfully several times using the rebid process of choosing zones that have lower star ratings......I am a bit confused about how to bid using permutations.

Thanks !

$55.00 Max before tax/fee

Zones I would stay in, 3* minimum: Avon, Farmington, Manchester/Vernon, Rocky Hill Area

I have bid successfully several times using the rebid process of choosing zones that have lower star ratings......I am a bit confused about how to bid using permutations.

Sorry, I forgot to add available rebid zones:

• Hartford South, 2.5
  • Meriden North, 2.5
  • Middletown, 2
  • New Britain, 2.5
  • Newington, 2.5
  • Southington, 2.5

Also, should I wait until as late as possible on Friday? Or, do you think my chances would be the same no matter what time I bid on Friday?

Thanks!

I would not wait another day and i would bid today so that if rejected you'll have another try tomorrow (assuming you don't need to check-in by then). As well, if successful at $55 or less i think there is very little downside risk for rates to drop much further within 24 hours.

Using your SIX re-bid zones at the 3* level you can try bidding as follows:

Select 3* Avon and Farmington and Manchester/Vernon...

Bid $33, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $38, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Rocky Hill...

Bid $33, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $38, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Avon and Farmington and Manchester/Vernon and Rocky Hill...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Followed your directions to the "T" except on the last bid, I threw in $3.00 more and bid $58.00

No luck.

I'm going to use some loyalty points and book a room in Manchester/Vernon.

One question, when you say close your browser -- can I just close the "Priceline Tab" on my browser, keeping Better Bidding open, or do I have to completely close the browser, re-open your site, and then find the PRICELINE link on BB. (I did the latter).

Thanks again for your help.....I just can't go higher then $75.00, (including taxes and fees.)

When we state "close the browser..." you need to close the PRICELINE page/tab that shows the rejected bid. If you used either of the search boxes at the top of the page, or our BiddingHelper.com, all your bidding information is still in the search form and you can just re-click the 'GO' button to quickly re-load the bidding page.

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision for this trip... enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]