Bidding on International Flight to Germany

BlackRose
By BlackRose,
in

I'm planning on flying to Germany in August for three weeks and have been trying to find cheap flights. I ran across Priceline's Name Your Price for flights which can give me a flight as low as $500. I'm wondering if anyone has used Priceline to get an International flight and if so, is it worth it? I can save over half the cost of the flight using Priceline, but I just don't know what I'm getting with those savings so I'd really appreciate if others could give me their opinions and experiences.

Thank you.

What is your origination point?

There don't seem to be the deals from bidding on airfare that there are on hotels and autos. However, bidding doesn't cost anything but your time. So you can certainly check to see if there are savings before committing to a regular ticket.

The first step is to thoroughly research regular prices. The airline web sites themselves and general ones like Kayak and Orbitz. There are quite a few links on the Support Page (see up above). I particularly like matrix.itasoftware.com, although one can't buy tickets from it.

My son has used Priceline for a number of flights to Amsterdam. From here, Minneapolis, he usually gets US Air.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "....I just don't know what I'm getting with those savings...". When you bid, you get a regular economy seat ticket on a regular major airline. It can just cost less. You don't get to pick the times of day or the routing.

I'd guess savings would not be very great since you are traveling at peak tourist time. But again, it is free to bid and find out.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]