Hotwire Hotel: 5* Vancouver (Downtown West) Sutton Place

manico
By manico,
in

Hello,

I'm trying to book a hotel for Vancouver for Nov. 12/05 for one night. On Hotwire I get the following deals (which I'm interested in):

$106: 5* Downtown Vancouver West, amenities include restaurant, pool, fitness ctr, spa services, golf nearby, business ctr

$108: 4.5* Downtown Vancouver Entertainment District, amenities include pool, fitness ctr, high-speed internet access, business ctr

While I prefer the entertainment district (I'm assuming it's closer to Robson St.) either hotel would be fine for me. Would anyone know which hotels these are? Thanks!

In that case the 4.5* matches the Metropolitan hotel.

Be aware of one idiosyncracy regarding the Metropolitan hotel. It IS beautiful and fantastically located, with a great restaurant (much better than the Sutton Place) but they only have two types beds in the rooms: one king size bed or two SINGLE beds. The rooms are a tiny bit smaller than many downtown hotels and they just do not have the room to put two queens or even two doubles in them. So...if you are travelling with lots of family, be forewarned about this little peculiarity.

Both are great hotels and they are only a couple of blocks apart. For my money, if I was staying by myself, I would choose the Met - great bar / restaurant. One other thought though - the workout facilities at the Sutton Place are much better if that is important to you.

Thank you both for your help. After playing around on the Hotwire site a few times, I was finally able to confirm the 5* hotel as the Sutton Place at a rate of $101 per night (even better than the first quote!). I decided to go for the Sutton Place after reading the previous comments and the fact that it is supposed to be rated as one of Travel & Leisure's World's Best Hotels. Thanks again for the information. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]