Priceline Hotel: 5* or 4.5* Deluxe in Palm Beach, FL

jmbfilter
By jmbfilter,
in

I didn't see anyone reporting 5* hotel wins in West Palm Beach area. Has anyone had experience with the high end hotels in this area? It looks like the 5 star option only comes up in Palm Beach area, which I think has Ritz Carlton and The Breakers maybe. The 4.5 * Deluxe option is the highest for N. Palm Beach Oceanfront/Singer Island.

Anybody have any idea what hotels I'd be bidding on in these areas and anybody have any winning bids for this? I'm looking to travel the first week of June...

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Unfortunately, no hotels at these levels have been reported to the board so which hotels are participating on the bidding side remains unknown.

What would be your desired budget per night and exact date/s of travel?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

In the Palm Beach zone the Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons would each be a possibility, but there could be others as well.

The Marriott Singer Island would be among the possibilities at the 4.5* level in that zone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Ritz Carlton was listed yesterday for a resort view room for a great price of $260 a night. I should've jumped on that then (it is back at $650 for ocean view). But it does give me an indicator that regular price for the 5 star hotels can be ~$250, so I guess my target per night cost is around $130.

I just want to research the hotels first to be sure I don't get something too unexpected.

• 2 weeks later...

I clicked on the HOTWIRE link and searched for my dates 6/2/2013 - 6/8/2013 for 2 rooms.

The highest rated hotel option I could find was a 4* hotel in Palm Beach for $118 per room / per night, before taxes and fees. Can someone help me identify the hotel? I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old, so knowing which hotel it is (to research the kids program) would help a lot.

The short list of amenities are...

Amenities:

Free Internet, Resort, Pet friendly, Boutique Hotel, Beachfront Property

The full list is as follows

4-star Hotel in Palm Beach

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Resort

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Boutique Hotel

Beachfront Property

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Wheelchair accessible

Please help me identify this Boca Raton property. We are travelling Sunday and I am still trying to book a hotel. I am new to Hotwire (and betterbidding). I did click on the HOTWIRE link to perform the search.

Dates are 6/2 - 6/8. We are flying into PBI, but if this deal is good enough, I dont mind driving to Boca Raton instead of Palm Beach (unless someone really thinks Palm Beach is that much better).

Star rating: 4.5-star

Check-in date: Sun, Jun 2

Check-out date: Sat, Jun 8

Amenities: Resort, Pet friendly, Near Beach, Fitness Center, Pool(s)

Rate per night: $126.00

Nights: 6

Full Amenity List:

• Resort
  • Pet friendly
  • Near Beach
  • Fitness Center
  • Pool(s)
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Business Center
  • High-Speed Internet Access
  • Golf Nearby
  • Tennis Nearby
  • Accessible path of travel
  • Accessible bathroom
  • Handicapped parking
  • Roll-in shower

An expanded amenity set for the Boca Raton Resort Waldorf Astoria Collection would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks, I agree it does seem to be the Boca Raton Resort, Waldorf Astoria. I think there is also a Beach Club of this line, but the Hotwire deal says "Near Beach", which is what the resort property says. I will most likely go with this one and will confirm my win if I select it.

Question about a Hotwire secret hotel for Palm Beach: There is a 4 star offer that I am suspecting is Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa hotel, however when you look at the map, the section that is highlighted for this deal does not actually include Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa. If you look at the map, there is a small area called "Singer Island Area" which, when you select it, the 4 star deal is not offered.

But, if you click on Palm Beach Area, it shows a 4 star deal that seems to match the Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa hotel. Even if you hover over the "here's a hint" it mentions this hotel. Is it possible that this offer is for that hotel, even though it actually is not in that area? I'm tempted to go with this deal if it is...

Updating post with the deal info.

Star rating: 4-star

Amenities:

$267 $118 per night

Or am I way off and this is some other hotel like the Omphony? The free internet is throwing me off here...

It seems someone else had a similar experience: Hotwire Palm Beach

Question about a Hotwire secret hotel for Palm Beach: There is a 4 star offer that I am suspecting is Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa hotel, however when you look at the map, the section that is highlighted for this deal does not actually include Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa. If you look at the map, there is a small area called "Singer Island Area" which, when you select it, the 4 star deal is not offered.

If the hotel is not in the shaded region of the zone then i would assume it is some other property. Occasionally PRICELINE and/or HOTWIRE will make a mistake and include a hotel in the wrong zone, but this is a rare occurrence.

Updating post with the deal info.

Star rating: 4-star

Amenities:

For help with this property please include the FULL LIST of amenities associated with it... to see the complete list you need to click this offer from the search results, then on the next page click the 'See all amenities' link under the (short) list of amenities shown.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If the hotel is not in the shaded region of the zone then i would assume it is some other property. Occasionally PRICELINE and/or HOTWIRE will make a mistake and include a hotel in the wrong zone, but this is a rare occurrence.

For help with this property please include the FULL LIST of amenities associated with it... to see the complete list you need to click this offer from the search results, then on the next page click the 'See all amenities' link under the (short) list of amenities shown.

Here is the full list:

• Resort
  • Free Internet
  • Pet friendly
  • Boutique Hotel
  • Beachfront Property
  • Fitness Center
  • Pool(s)
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Business Center
  • Golf Nearby
  • Tennis Nearby
  • Spa Services
  • Wheelchair accessible

Just a note, it is interesting how the prices fluctuate. This one that was $118 yesterday is now $116 today. Minor fluctuation, but interesting.

If you're looking for something specific try our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which you can filter by star rating and/or price which makes it easy to see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating (or to stay closer/further to your ideal location)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (ore the links in our Support Page if you decide to book direct)

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]