Hotwire Hotel: 2.5 Star hotel - Ft Lee/Hackensack area Hotwire

txtravel
By txtravel,
in

Would anyone be able to identify this hotel.

$82/night. 2.5 Star hotel in ft.lee hackensack region for the following dates: 6/13/2013 - 6/18/2013

Amenities listed:

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant

High Speed Internet Access

Accessible for blind/deaf

Thank you

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

I think there may be more amenities associated with this property. If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the SHOW ME button next to this offer (the one with the price in it), then on the next page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Thank you for your response yellowdog.

That listing was from the "Show All Amenities" screen. I did miss the following two:

Accessible path of Travel

In-Room Accessibility

For a 2.5 star hotel in that area it does not seem to have amenities that are common with other 2.5 star hotels, which is why I am a bit confused as to what this could be.

Thanks

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the SHOW ME button next to this offer (the one with the price in it), then on the ensuing page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above? When using this method this is the amenity list i see for the 2.5* property in this one:

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

Is this what you're seeing or only the 9 amenities previously mentioned?

Also, do you have business in this specific area as we don't typically see this zone used that often, and i'm familiar with the area, and i think there are likely better options if you're looking for a cheaper substitute to staying directly in NYC (if that is your intention).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare,

Thank you for your response. I was clicking on the bottom part of the page to see all amenities, but I found another "See all amenities" link where I see the same amenities listed as the ones you saw.

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

I am actually getting married in North Jersey, but had a few guests flying in and wanted them to be able to stay in that area so it is close enough to the wedding hall, but also close to the city if they want to visit.

Would be open to priceline bidding as well, and have been able to get the Marriott Glenpoint last time I visited for a good bid price, but since I need 6-7 rooms, and it is the summer time, I have not had as much luck this time with priceline.

Thank you

Can i ask where the wedding is being held?

Are you purchasing the rooms or is each person buying them individually on their own? If you are making the purchase how many rooms are you including in your search?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

The wedding is around the Rivervale area. I would prefer the paramus area, but have not had luck finding anything.

I am planning on buying the rooms myself, and for hotwire, I am including 6 rooms in my search. Priceline allows 7 rooms, which is ideally what I would like to book.

Thank you

My guess for the 2.5* property would be a downgrade and new amenity set for the Holiday Inn Saddle Brook.

Why not the North Bergen County zone?

What looks to be the Sheraton Crossroads is offered for $89/nite which is 3.5* rated and just a few dollars more than the 2.5* hotel above (not too much more money for a full jump in star rating)

Guests can get to NYC via the Ramsey Train Station or they may choose to head north to do some shopping at Woodbury Commons.

Do you think it would be better to try to bid through PRICELINE for my search?

I am considering the North Bergen Zone as a backup, but would like to stay closer to the Teaneck/Hackensack area. Have not had too much luck with hotels in that area by bidding around $70-75, but I can be a little flexible on that depending on amenities. From the lists provided here (very helpful), the hotels that would be ideal would be the Hyatt Place in the Saddle Brook region (because of breakfast, internet, and free parking), or a Holiday inn express in Paramus region (for similar amenities). However, I am not sure what kind of price would be in the ballpark.

Thank you for your input.

What star level are you looking at in the Teaneck/Hackensack zone? At the 3*/3.5* level you're likely looking in the $85-$95 area.

Note that the Hyatt Place is won very infrequently so i wouldn't necessarily hold-out for that property.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll try to assist further.

I would be ok with a 2.5 level hotel (besides holiday inn saddle brook).

If you're referring to bidding in PRICELINE's Saddle Brook zone, how do you intend to avoid the Holiday Inn Saddle Brook? When bidding on PRICELINE there is no way to target, or avoid, a specific hotel in the zone.

Thereuare,

Yes, I would avoid the Saddle Brook zone completely if I bid for 2.5 star hotels. I have stayed at that holiday inn and was not a fan.

Sorry for the confusion, my question should have been more focused to the teaneck, ridgefield, hackensack, and paramus zones.

Thank you

...my question should have been more focused to the teaneck, ridgefield, hackensack, and paramus zones.

As it costs nothing to submit a bid (only if it's accepted) why not try these zones up to your $75 limit and see how it goes?

If you need help with a bidding strategy let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]