Priceline Hotel: Resort Cancun (Downtown and Beaches) JW Marriott

byeloe
By byeloe,
in

This is an outstanding deal since the lowest price I could find was about $385 per night. I really only needed a place to stay for Fri Mar 10th since I had a Timeshare on hold for Mar 11-18th at the Fiesta Americana Vacation Club.

I had started to bid for a 5*( up to $110 all rejected) then I started a new bid for 4* knowing that I might be "upgraded" to Resort.

I was never expecting to get the JW since the conventional prices were so high. I was actually hoping for the Fiesta Americana so that I would not have to take a taxi to the Timeshare.

Once I got accepted for the one night, it got me thinking about the the other 7. So I took a chance and made a second bid for the week of the 11th - 18th and hit the JW again.

I think that this is the best priceline deal that I have ever made.

Considering that this week is spring break for all of Ontario, I was quite pleased.

I also got a great deal on airfare out of Detroit for $400 Canadian compared to $1000 out of Toronto

• 5 weeks later...

An interesting follow up:

As a Marriott rewards member, I went online to check this reservation. By some quirk I guess, they listed the pricepaid for the 7 night stay as $815.36 including the 12% tax. So before tax the price was $728($104 per night)

Therefore $104 is what priceline paid for the room. I had my $104 bid rejected before $105 was accepted. Priceline made exactly 23.50 on my bid. It seems that their fee was $16.50 and my overbid was $7.

Curious why $104 was not accepted though

If the hotel is closed your money will be refunded.

Typically they have been good with similar situations... NYC black-out, hurricanes in New Orleans, Florida, etc... but for now i would just take a wait and see attitude and see how bad things ultimately are there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

JW Marriott told me they won't re-open until after May 1st, still tentative even. So I called priceline and get all the automated standard messages--then an email for a REAL person who then says "we'll call you before your travel date"???? Ummm, yeah, that is in March.

I hope they give the refund and notify all of us soon!!!

Yeah actually, they called Marriott for me and them emailed me the next day to say sorry and that I would get a refund. Glad to see they moved on it and took care of everyone else. Gave me a $10 coupon link and I was hoping it would be more :) but Priceline does not have other options I want. Might have to suck it up and pay full price at a 3-4 star. Wasn't thrilled with Hotwire offerings either.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]