Hotwire Hotel: ID help Portland, ME 3* hotel

leebick
By leebick,
in

Looking for accommodations in Portland, ME, three adults, 7/10/13-7/11/13. Hotwire came up with a 3* hotel, $81 plus tax a night, recommended by 75% of hotwire customers. Amenities include free parking, free internet, pet friendly, indoor pool, airport shuttle, on-site restaurant, fitness center, guest laundry, business center, as well as all the ADA accessibility info. Any ideas on what property this might be? This is a great price for Portland in July, but the 75% satisfaction rating makes me nervous! (and I promise to follow up this time!)

Amenities include free parking, free internet, pet friendly, indoor pool, airport shuttle, on-site restaurant, fitness center, guest laundry, business center, as well as all the ADA accessibility info.

Please include the full list of amenities, including the 'accessible' ones, and we'll have a look at this HOTWIRE offer.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This morning, what appears to be the same property shows up as 3*, $81+ a night for three (3 adults), 70% satisfaction rating. Here is the full amenities list:

3-star Hotel in Portland: This Hotel features the following amenities:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center.

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Thanks for your insight. I wouldn't have thought of this property, as I don't consider any HoJo's to be a 3* property (although they ARE on the list). TripAdvisor gives it pretty good reviews but several refer to the ancient, stale cigarette smell in the rooms, even though the property is now non-smoking. My daughter and I are both very allergic to smoke, so I won't take a chance on this property. When I DO choose to book, I will use the hotel links through your site. It's well worth the effort, which is minimal, to keep BB up and running. Thanks for your help!

• 4 years later...

If I recall correctly, we didn't get a hotel at all for this trip; I just sucked it up and drove home from the airport. It's a 2+ hour drive and I take motion sickness pills to fly, so I always consider staying over rather than driving home. OH well... ancient history now!

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]