Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills - West Hollywood) The Beverly Hilton

zzdocxx
By zzdocxx,
in

Priceline Express Deals

This is the first time I have noticed this offered on Priceline -- I've done the bidding previously.

It lists possible hotels, plus, here's what it looks like:

Prices this low require us to hide the hotel name until purchase is complete. These hotels include great independent hotels, plus brands similar to:

Hyatt Regency

Westin

Hilton

Sheraton

Intercontinental

Marriott

Examples may appear in other star levels.

"Examples may appear in other star levels." What on earth does that mean?

Is this a legit way to get a good deal? The prices are acceptable and in the area I need.

I guess the fact that I am unfamiliar with it gives me pause.

Can anyone comment?

Thank you!

:)

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Orange County Priceline thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PRICELINE EXPRESS is a new service (about a year old) offered by PRICELINE that is similar to HOTWIRE... the star rating, zone, price, and some of the amenities offered at the hotel are shown... but not the hotel name.

We have seen instances where bidding on PRICELINE has results in a slightly better price then the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal, on occasion the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal has been the best price.

Currently you can go to PRICELINE EXPRESS and use code READYSET5 for an extra 5% off.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and/or how we can be of further help.

PS- if you do use PRICELINE EXPRESS, please remember to write down the amenities associated with the property before your purchase and include these in your post.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here is how it ended up.

The thing is, I would have preferred to stay two nights rather than have the stress of a one night turnaround, so I had made some phone calls in an attempt to ascertain the importance of my attendance at a Tuesday night meeting back home.

I was in the middle of bidding for both Monday and Tuesday nights but when I got up to a total of $330+ for both nights, I decided to take another stab at finding out about the Tuesday night meeting. Because, if I payed for two nights and then later it turned out I needed to be back home, then I'd be out the payment for Tuesday night at the hotel.

So here's how it went down, I decided to go with the name your own price, as by the time I figured out what to do, the deal I found on Express Deals was no longer available, well that's the way it goes, you snooze you lose.

For 5-14 to 5-16 (two nights)

Bid $120 4* Beverly Hills - West Hollywood

rejected

Bid $130 4* Beverly Hills - West Hollywood and added Culver City

rejected

I was about to go up to $140 by adding Inglewood, but then I thought I'd just try again to get more info on the meeting, as the expense was going up.

I found out I probably needed to go to the meeting, and so I changed my dates to:

5-14 to 5-15 (one night only)

Bid $140 4* Beverly Hills - West Hollywood and added Culver City

The total with taxes and fees is around $170.

Bid accepted, it is the Beverly Hilton, I hope the place is OK, they'll probably get me for another $25 on parking, right?

Goodness when did life get so expensive? ? ?

:o

While not cheap, i'd guess that is probably the going rate in the area... you may be able to find a local lot/garage on your own separate from the hotel for less, but then wont have in/out privileges if you plan on using your car during the stay (i'm assuming the hotel's rate does include in/out)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the gracious responses.

Just a follow up, I was offered a $20 room upgrade when I checked in to the Beverly Hilton, which I declined. There was no pressure and the girl was actually very nice. They let me check in early (around 1230pm), she said they had a lot of rooms available.

So I was in what I think was an older wing, my view was of a small parking lot with a park beyond that ie not a premium room but it was fine.

The room was smallish but was really quite nice and elegantly appointed. If there was anything that showed its age it was just the nobs on the shower/tub.

I had a mission to eat at Umami Burger (it was so-so), but Trader Vic's poolside at the hotel was tempting.

Photos of movie stars dating back to the 1920's lined the walls of the common areas, which lent a nice touch.

Total damage was around $200, OK as I could only stay one night.

Would recommend and would stay there again but would most likely I would look for some place a bit less costly.

Really nice experience.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]