Priceline Hotel: Hilton Head SC for memorial day weekend-help needed

bidsmart
By bidsmart,
in

Trying the forum first time. Would like to have some help in getting a reasonably good price on priceline. Here are the details:

Dates of travel 05/25-05/27 ( two nights)

**Prefer nearer to beach, 2 adults

Budget <$100/night

Please let me know what should be the strategy.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

This will likely be a tough win as since it's the 'official start of beach season' and hotels can often get full price for their rooms. Some hotels may even sell-out on their own (at full price) and have little reason to discount to the opaque suppliers (or discount too deeply if they do offer inventory). As well, many hotels that are in demand can require a 3 nite minimum stay over a holiday weekend such as this since renting a room out for Sat-Mon makes it difficult to rent the same room on Friday nite (as hope many people will be needing a room in a beach area and leaving the Saturday of a 3 day weekend ;) ).

To give it a try, what star level is it that you'd like to try for? Have you tried any bidding already?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare:

Trying to see what my next steps are:

1. Selected Area#2 which has 4* hotel. Entered bid $80. No luck

2. Selected Area#1 and #2. Area#1 does not have 4* hotel. Entered bid $84. No luck.

Now it says wait for 24 hours. Is there any way I can increase the bid and bid early

No, you're out of re-bids so you'll have to wait 24 hours to bid again, but based upon current prices your bids for a 4* hotel are not realistic for these dates, as per my previous comments above.

What is the best rate you're able to find for a 4* hotel in this area thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

bidsmart

All reported hotels can be found in this link: Hilton Head reported Priceline hotels

But please note. The Priceline Hotel List is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Yellowdog.

PS. Please remember to follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing,. Even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

I tried up to $115 still no luck. I have my friend who is coming along to try the next price.

Please ask your friend to stop by the board and use the search boxes at the top of the board, or click the logo in either, to access the respective PRICELINE or HOTWIRE sites.

The conventional channel says $275

When rates go up the hotel's profit margin increases, but they are actually less likely to discount as much as the higher rates indicate a period of high demand. Expecting a 60% discount during peak dates is not a high probability of success.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]