Priceline Hotel: Need Bidding Advice

mallettk
By mallettk,
in

Hey everyone,

I'm new to priceline and I could really use some help! I'm going to San Francisco June 29 to July 3 and I would like to stay in Union Square East (this is my first choice and i'm willing to bid up towards my max on this zone), Financial District (2nd choice), SOMA (3rd choice), or Fisherman's Wharf (4 choice). I would like to stay at a 4 star hotel, all I need is one room and my max bid is $140. So can anyone recommend a bidding strategy? Any help will be much appreciated, thanks!

Also is now a good time to start bidding or should i wait until the time gets closer?

Thanks

When bidding 4* in the San Francisco area you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* USE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

Any questions feel free ti ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey,

So if i'm understanding this correctly,

1. click the check box that says union square east

2. choose 4*

3. Then type in my bid of $120, and if i'm rejected add a re-bid zone of my choice, like the financial district and bid $125 and if thats rejected I add another re-bid zone like SOMA and bid $130 and if thats rejected I keep continuing until I reach my maximum of 6 re-bid zones or until I run out of all the zones i'd like to stay in right?

hopefully that all makes sense..lol

Go Blue!!!!

... right?

No... re-bid zones are specific zones (not just 'any zone of your choice') that you can add still only be bidding on the previous zone because the zone you're adding (ie- the 're-bid zone') only has star levels lower than the minimum threshold that you have designated for that bid.

Did you see the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained thread? If so and you're still confused try this:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter 'San Francisco, CA' and your dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can wait and try again but there is no telling if rates will come down, or move even higher, from here.

Other options include:

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed.

I'll add that i don't think you're too far off at the moment... another $10-$15 per nite might be the difference between success/failure.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Hey,

I need help to ID a hotel on Hotwire that is listed for $146 per night during 6/29 to 7/01.

Help ID 4* Union Square East During 6/29 to 7/01

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage

Accessible for the deaf

TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock

Accessible path of travel

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Handicapped parking

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

Any help would be great! I also used your link to plan my hotwire trip! :)

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. If ultimately use HOTWIRE this thread will automatically be moved to that section of the board when you click the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of this page.

Please post only the amenity names (and not the descriptions) as you can see how much easier it is to read and helps minimize the chance that we'll miss an amenity when researching your trip.

4* Union Square East $146

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

This matches previous reports for the Sir Francis Drake so that would be my best guess for this one.

Do you want to go with the above or lower your star rating to 3.5* for the Fisherman's Wharf zone only?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]