Hotwire Hotel: 4* Cancun (North Riviera Maya - Puerto Morelos) Ocean Coral and Turquesa Resort

lls138
By lls138,
in

I was hoping this was the Marina El Cid (see my previous win 1 year ago) which was lovely. This was a slightly different amenity lineup so I knew that there was a chance that it might not be and it wasnt but still very happy with result. About $65 cheaper per night than other website for this hotel and by far cheaper than other similar 4 star options in North Riviera Maya or Cancun for these dates.

Ocean Coral All Inclusive Resort

Carretera Chetumal,

Puerto Morelos, QROO, 77580

CheckInDate:Fri, Aug 30, 2013

CheckOutDate:Tue, Sep 3, 2013

Amenities

Resort

Free Breakfast

Beachfront Property

Food and Beverages Included

A la Carte Dining Options

Water Sports/Ocean Activities Included

Evening Entertainment IncludedDaily Activities Included

Children's Activity Program

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Summary of charges

Rate per night: $119.00

Tax recovery charges & fees: $22.70

Total:$498.70

I was hoping this was the Marina El Cid (see my previous win 1 year ago) which was lovely.

Hmmm...Couldnt find my Marina El Cid post from 2011-2012....

Marina El Cid is a 4* in Puerto Morelos with amenities: (I booked in Jan 2012 for a June 2012 stay at $151 per night)

Resort

Beachfront Property

Food and Beverages Included

A la Carte Dining Options

Water Sports/Ocean Activities Included

Evening Entertainment Included

Daily Activities Included

Free Breakfast

Children's Activity Program

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Golf Nearby

Spa Services

Main difference here is "golf nearby" for Marina El Cid and no mention of "high speed internet" that Ocean Coral had listed.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Also thanx for reporting this new amenity combo and star rating to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Yellowdog,

Please note that Ocean Coral Turquesa is now listed as a 4*. Not a 3.5*. And the amenities differ from what you currently have on the pinned list.

More info.

I booked as 2 adults with the intent on bringing my 2 and 4 year old. I caled ahead to alert the hotel as to the number of people change. I learned that < 3 years is free. 3-11 had a 500 pesos ($40 per night) child fee. > age 11 is considered an adult.

So that add $160 to my cost but still a very solid deal. I priced it out online and the best price I could find for this resort with 2 adult and 2 kids was $191 per night....so I saved $26 per night or $104 for the trip. Not too shabby.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]