Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Midtown East) Courtyard by Marriott Midtown East

Here4Beer
By Here4Beer,
in

Taking the bride and two daughters (18, 22 y.o.) to Manhattan. We will take a walking tour on Sat or Sun (6/1, 2), probably hit one Broadway show and one museum. Pretty flexible on location as long as its reasonably secure and can walk to shops and eateries.

Failed bids for 3* @ 139 (midtown west) and 4* @ $149 in theater district.

Express deals has a 3.5* for $216/nt in SoHo Tribeca.

8.0 user rating

Free Internet

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

(Yes, I used the links here to get to PL)

Know which hotel this is?

Would appreciate suggestions on other areas to bid on Priceline that would be good for this trip.

To begin, PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. This is especially true in NYC where rooms are notoriously small and many hotels consider rooms with two beds to be an upgraded from standard. Were you bidding on two rooms or is this a risk you're willing to accept?

If only searching for one room HOTWIRE may be a better option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

What is your target budget per nite for this trip?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice. I understand the double occupancy on Pl and saw the 4 persons option on hotwire. I was bidding on two rooms. I would consider 2 rooms at $175 ea. ($350 total) a good deal. The express deal in SoHo/Tribeca would be a fall back but with fees, etc. I image it is $500/nt all in for both rooms. (I assume express deals add the same fees, taxes, etc. as the winning bids on PL). 4* would be preferable and 3.5* is probably the minimum star level.

------------- UPdate-------------

more failed bids:

$169 for 4* in SoHo / Tribeca. Rebid $169 to include Chelsea.

Upped bid to $174 and added Midtown East. Still no dice. Will keep at it. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you for the CQ suggestion. I suppose that is the Wall Street location?

For my 6/1 (Sat.) to 6/5 (Wed checkout) trip, it appears that several well rated hotels are booked on the last night (TUE 6/4). Perhaps I can convince my crew to move after three nights to the Club Quarters Wall street. bit of a hassle but that's NYC.

BTW - any guesses on the 3.5* in SoHo / Tribeca on HW? Gracias.

Some things to think about/consider if you continue to be unsuccessful:

PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel in the MTE zone for $249/nite and a 4* in the TS zone for $262/nite. Use our PRICELINE EXPRESS link and code READYSET5 for an extra 5% off bringing the prices down to $237/nite and $249/nite respectively.

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the ESB zone for $221/nite and a 4* hotel in the Chelsea-MSG zone for $212/nite.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? If so you could probably win something for the first 2-3 nites at amount you have already tried then 'fill-in' the last nite or two (which seem to be more expensive) at a lower rated hotel, a nearby zone, or at a higher budget.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice. After a 2BR / 2BA condo was rented out from under me, I went with your PRICELINE EXPRESS recommendation (note that the discount code is READYSET5, not getready5).

Opted for the 3.5* MTE location for posted $233/nt. This is the Marriott Courtyard Midtown East (3rd Ave around 58th St?).

At 2 rooms per night the posted rate is $1864. Taxes and fees total 20.5%. The coupon code saved me $93.20 (THANK YOU KINDLY!). Net price all-in = $269.17 /nt per room.

It's done and so am I :wacko: . Appreciate the info and hopes this helps some folks. FWIW - i opted to take the express deal b/c the PL user rating was 8.0 instead of trying to bid lower for 3.5* of unknown quality. Probably could've save a few bucks but we'll have to be satisfied with Courtyard (I am not a marriott enthusiast).

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps not your favorite hotel if given the choice, glad to see you're pleased with the results and can make this property work well for your needs this trip.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding. If you recall, can you add a reply to this thread confirming the amenity(s) that were shown before your purchase.

thanksforuisng

Enjoy your stay.

• 5 weeks later...

If you recall, can you add a reply to this thread confirming the amenity(s) that were shown before your purchase.

Sorry, I don't recall the amenities that were shown on PL. I tried to find it again under the current express deals but no go.

Although I wasn't able to get a bargain rate, the Marriott Courtyard Midtown East provided excellent accommodations for our needs. We stayed on the 27th floor which appeared to be newly renovated and furnished. Nice bathroom - new tile & grout (no stains / mold), new fixtures (toilet, sink, vanity), great bed & linens. The service was great (front desk, housekeeping, concierge, bellmen). Free in room wi-fi. A rather poorly equipment fitness room. Views are nothing to write home about either.

The absolute virtue of this hotel is location - corner of 3rd Ave & East 52nd St. Subway within a block. As you mentioned, Ess a bagel is right there, Smith and Wollensky's three blocks away, easy walk to tons of venues. We spent most of our trip in Chelsea, East & West Village, Tribeca and south but it was easy to get back and forth via subway or cab.

I am not a Marriott fan but the Courtyard MTE hit it out of the park for our party of 4 adults (2 rooms).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]