Hotwire's here's a hint

MissHil
By MissHil,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The purpose with this is to give users an idea of what hotels fall into which star categories so that they can determine which star rating likely best fits their needs, not that it will be one of the properties listed. Some hotels listed under this "hint" can be located in diffrent zones.

I hope this helps.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Don't rely on the Here's a Hint. A hotel other than the ones hinted can be rewarded. Tip: Check BetterBidding's Hotwire hotel list for that area. The fact that they list 3 specific hotels in the area seems deceiving. I just posted a hotwire hotel booking in the Pennsylvania forum. The secret hotel was a 3* Holiday Inn Express. This hotel was not listed as a hint. The hint listed Homewood Suites (twice) and Courtyard. Holiday Inn (for that hotel) is rated 2.5* at most other sites.

I regret my purchase. I truly thought I was getting Homewood Suites or Courtyard. Deceptive in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say this is the WORST feature they have added and I pay no attention to it. I bid mostly for all inclusives and the mystery hotel will state all inclusive or hotel, but they will give you hints for the complete opposite. If you bid all inclusive, you will get an all inclusive. NOT the hotels they will list. Plus, the range they are giving for hotels can be completely out of the area you specifically want.

VERY DECEPTIVE practice. My best tip is to look at the retail price that is listed then find that price at Hotels.com. Compare amenities and try to narrow it down.

I was happy to get one of the actual hotels they listed in Barcelona, so there are exceptions.

My best tip is to look at the retail price that is listed then find that price at Hotels.com. Compare amenities and try to narrow it down.

I would NOT recommend this as the retail rate shown is not necessarily the rate of the hotel offered, but rather an average rate of hotels at that star rating in the zone.

It would be appreciated if you shared your Barcelona win, and any other recent purchases, with the board so that others can benefit from the information.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 7 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]