Confusion about Resorts & Free Re-bids

bturner13
By bturner13,
in

Perhaps I am thick-head, but zones that have Resorts listed confuse me. Take for instance bidding for a 5* or even a 4* hotel on the Strip. Is the Henderson zone that has Resort, 2 & 2.5* listings and the NW Las Vegas zone that has Resort, 1, 2, 2.5* listings considered Free Rebids? Just how do Resorts fit in? I don't want anything other than a 4 or 5* hotel on the Strip. Tks! :)

This thread might help: Resort Re-bidding Tip

I believe the heirarchy is as follows:

5*

Resort

4*

3*

2*

1*

If this is correct, a Resort could be upgraded to a 5*, but a 5* would not be upgraded to a resort.

As there are plenty of zones in the LV area, and only 2 of them offer resorts, you may just want to exclude those as re-bid options to be on the safe side.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

As an add-on, a recent email to priceline indicates that a Boutique hotel can be upgraded to a 4* or 5* hotel (or resort i assume for that matter), but i sent a reply to clarify further and will post back if i learn anything more.

UPDATE:

This is the email i just received from Priceline customer service...

Mr. thereuare, please note that hierarchy for the hotel star ratings is as follows:

5-Star hotels

Resorts

4-Star hotels

Boutique hotels

3-Star hotels

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 years later...

This Priceline Chicago thread seems to suggest that Boutique hotels will not be upgraded, which contradicts the above, so users are encouraged to use appropriate bidding techniques (ie- exhaust 4* possibilities before bidding for Boutique class properties) until more evidence/experience can be gathered on this subject.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]