Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* New York City (Times Square - Theater District) Edison Towers

bennyb98
By bennyb98,
in

Hello!

If anyone would be willing to help give me some advice that would be great! I'm planning a trip to NYC for Wed. June 19th to Monday, June 24th, so 5 nights.

I'm kinda simple in my areas as all I really want is something clean, safe and close to the subway. I have theatre plans on all five nights so something near Times Square would be ideal but not necessary. I would like to not go above $160 a night.

My perferred Priceline areas in order would be:

Times Square

Midtown West

MSG/Convention

Midtown East

Empire State Building

but once again as long as the hotel is clean and safe and close to subway i'm really OK, just want something closed to theatre areas since I will be traveling alone and going to shows each night, so a shorter trip home = less chance to get lost lol

Any advice would be great.

At 3.5* and under in the MTE zone some hotels can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway... would this be acceptable?

Let us know if we should include this zone in your bidding or not and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are no re-bid zones available when bidding 3* in NYC and we will exclude MTE from the bidding for now, leaving:

Times Square

Midtown West

MSG/Convention

Empire State Building

I would try as follows:

Select 3* TS...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTW...

Select 3* MSG...

Select 3* ESB...

Select 3* TS and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and ESB...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MSG...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTW and ESB...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and ESB...

Bid $138, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and MTW...

Bid $138, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MTW and MSG...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MTW and ESB...

Select 3* MSG and ESB and MTW...

Bid $143, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and ESB and TS....

Bid $143, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MTW and MSG and ESB...

Bid $145

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours from your last bid and re-try, once again starting with a PRICELINE link from the board (and not a link in any emails that PRICELINE may send telling you that it's been 24 hours and you're eligible to bid again):

Select 3* TS...

Select 3* MTW...

Select 3* MSG...

Select 3* ESB...

Select 3* TS and MTW...

Bid $148, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and ESB...

Bid $148, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MSG...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTW and ESB...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and ESB...

Bid $153, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and MTW...

Bid $153, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MTW and MSG...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MTW and ESB...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and ESB and MTW...

Bid $158, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and ESB and TS....

Bid $158, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MTW and MSG and ESB...

Bid $160

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your help!!! I've gone up to $140 without any success. I kept on trying your links yesterday but now PRICELINE is blocking my bids saying i'm bidding too much for hotels and I need to wait a day to be able to bid again. Same message when I just tried again now. :-( I do have a question, are some days better than others to bid? The reason I ask is yesterday the Priceline dollar amount that it puts in automatically to suggest for a bid for $142 so I was hoping I would win something yesterday but today it jumped up to $175. Are some days of the week better to bid on for hotels? I know its best to Book airline tickets on certain days so I wasn't sure if Hotels were the same. I noticed all HOTWIRE secret rates jumped A LOT too overnight.

I've gone up to $140 without any success. I kept on trying your links yesterday but now PRICELINE is blocking my bids saying i'm bidding too much for hotels and I need to wait a day to be able to bid again.

You should be able to make all the bids above in one bidding session, did you follow the bidding exactly as posted?

To answer your other question, 'no', there is not any one day of the week that is better then others to place your bid.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I'm trying to identify a hotel. The dates are 6/19-6/24 NYC 3* in Chelsea/MSG for $155 a night.

This one is a mystery to me. The Amenities are:

Indoor pool(s), In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible

The Indoor pool part is throwing me as I can't find any with a pool in that area on any star level on priceline or hotwire. Anyhelp would be great.

Hmmm... I don't know why it combined both of my threads??? I'm sorry about that, no idea how to undo that. I tried priceline again today, and all my bids went through but nothing was accepted :-( I went up to $155 using the second set of bidding instructions exactly like you said.

We likely merged your threads... please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Just to give a update! I had NO luck at all on priceline so I was really looking at Hotwire lately and I booked my hotel.

For 6/19-6/24 2.5 stars I got the Edison Hotel for $130 a night. I am Very pleased with the location and overall reviews I have read online for the hotel and love the location. The amenities for the hotel were: Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center and High-Speed Internet Access. Just like what is listed on the Hotwire list. I actually used the list to identify the hotel.

Thank you again for all your help and sorry if I was a bit of a hassle but I am very happy with the rate per night for my hotel and its location and choice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]