Hotwire Hotel: NYC MTS - What hotels are these 2?

seh2397
By seh2397,
in

I would like to see if these hotels can be identified:

1. NYC Midtown South, 2*, $190, amenities: Boutique Hotel, date: Oct 26-28

2. NYC Midtown South, 2 1/2*, $183, amenities: Complimentary Breakfast, date: Oct 26-28

My goal is to stay somewhere nice close-ish to Madison Square Garden for 2 nights starting Oct 26. There will be 2 in the room and ideally I'd like to spend $160/nt max (before tax/fees). Any ideas or help for this Priceline/Hotwire rookie?

We don't see many 2* or 2.5* purchases in NYC (some would say for good reason) and neither of the above hotels have been identified.

If you're looking for lower star level accomodations i would stay away from the opaque providers as it's just a bit too risky (imo). I would sooner recommend the Gershwin or the Wolcott, both of whch are available thru QUIKBOOK at prices similar to the above and you'll know exactly what you're getting. Here are reviews of the Gershwin and the Wolcott.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare,

Thank you for all your assistance! I am not really looking for lower star level I just am sticker shocked over the prices I am seeing for my dates. (Yes, I know NYC is very expensive -- used to live there.)

So you have been quite helpful with the Quickbooks link. I am not sure if you answer questions like this but here goes....

It is me and my husband and so far our best bets look to be:

- Gershwin $172

- Wolcott: Std Q $180

- Jolly Hotel Madison Towers: Supirior $215

We will be going to a show at Madison Square Garden one night and to B-Way show the next so for location, they all look good. Which would you choose?

Thanks again :)

Hard for me to say as i have not stayed in any of them and we don't have much feedback on them as well (for reasons stated above... not many 2* purchases on the board)

Not sure through who you would book the Jolly Madison, but thru QB i think these were "prepay" rates which only come with a $10 cancellation penalty, so at least that would give you an "out" should something better come along in the next 6 weeks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]