Resort Fees and Taxes?

cjmcdona
By cjmcdona,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

The total when using PRICELINE, PRICELINE Express or HOTWIRE is the room rate + taxes/HOTWIRE or PRICELINE fees. Any resort fees are not included and charged at the hotel. Areas where resort fees are particularly common are Vegas and parts of Florida (especially Orlando.)

Please let us know the details if the stay if you would like further assistance.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks. I'm looking to book Hotel + Car in Waikoloa, HI 4*, 5/22-5/27. I've been working by bids up from $100 and I'm currently at $120 for hotel. For the car I'm at $9 for economy. Total cost for the stay so far is around $800 with Priceline taxes/fees.

But I just looked on Travelocity and they have a deal for the Marriott for $777 for both car + hotel. They had a note that said that resort taxes and fees are not included.

Obviously, if my priceline bid included this, I'd stick with Priceline a bit longer. But if I'd have to pay a similar fee even if I won a priceline bid, it seems like I should book the Travelocity deal.

Am I right that Travelocity is the better deal or am I missing something else?

Based upon the figures you posted the Travelocity deal would be the better offer assuming you were to win the Marriott or some other hotel with comparable resort fees, which would be paid directly to the hotel and not included in your priceline or hotwire purchase. (and the previously requested board links for your future PRICELINE and HOTWIRE bidding, searches, and purchases)

Please use the board's Travelocity link should you go that route.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]