Priceline Hotel: 9/26 - 9/28 use

hawkhass
By hawkhass,
in

For an explanation of how to figure out which zones to add as re-bid zones please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED.

Re-bid zones change all the time and they should be checked before each bidding cycle... for this reason we prefer to 'teach' rather than 'tell'.

Please start by reading the above thread and ask any questions you have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Once we know you have re-bidding understood we'll be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have four re-bid zones when bidding 4* in this area (if you have found a different number of re-bid zones or want to confirm them with the board please feel free to do so).

Select 4* USE...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95.

Any questions freel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried the stragegy posted above but have been unsuccessful. I am debating adding USW and FW. It looks like the prices are a bit lower there from previous successful bidders, but have no reference for the dates that I'm going. Am I correct in assuming I should drop the price when I add these zones and if unsuccessful try back after 72 hours?

If you want to try for the USW zone i would bid as follows (but see my comments below):

Select 4* USW...

Bid $75, if rejected add USE...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.

However, in taking a closer look at your dates, there is virtually no opaque availability in the USE or USW zone that i think this is going to be an extremely difficult win. Do you have any flexibility in your dates of travel or in splitting your bid?

I tried USW with no success. I don't really have the option of changing the dates and think that splitting the bid isn't for me. I am an airline employee so my location is very flexible. I think I'll try SoCal instead for this trip. Thanks for the info and I'm sure to use it on my trip to the Bay area in my future.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]