Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Empire State Building) 70 Park Avenue, a Kimpton Hotel

Mr&MrsSmith1
By Mr&MrsSmith1,
in

I am fairly new to PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, as well as to New York City. We would like to use the sites but the first time we used we experienced high add on rates when checking out. Is there any way we can tell in advance if there is a hotel surcharge? I don't mean taxes but resort fees and such.

We are looking at a last minute trip to NYC and would like to stay in MW preferably in a 4 star, is this possible for under $200? How should we bid? If not ME has a $202 Express deal in a 4 star but wondering if bidding is better or go the express route?

Lastly it says bed choice available is it possible we can get a queen at least? Not sure how that works.

Thank you in advance. I apologize for the newbie questions.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Only one hotel in NYC has a resort fee, the Roger in the ESB zone. Any fees showing during checkout are hotel taxes and PRICELINE fees. If you see a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals listing with "bed choice", then when you click on that listing (click "Choose"), then you should be given one or more specific options in regards to bedding (what options are available are going to depend on the hotel.)

Bidding is likely going to be at least mildly cheaper, but with the Express Deals listing, it may be possible to narrow down possible hotels the listing may be. If you would like us to try to ID the listing, please provide the list of amenities showing with the listing.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 1 year later...

I apologize I never updated our success after the 2013 trip to NY.  We did end up with a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for 4star which we were very happy with. The 70 Park Avenue hotel was very nice and convenient to everything plus it was within walking distance to train and everything.  There was outside work going on but other than scaffolding up, we did not hear any disruption,

Thank you for your help!

Please know we did run it down to the week of the trip which was scary but were very happy.

Thank you for closing this thread and sharing your win with the board.

I don't suppose you recall the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this property and showed before your purchase?

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc. as this helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as being a courtesy to anyone who helped with your trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]