Hotwire Hotel: Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort 9300 Hwy 98 West

larry6905
By larry6905,
in

As you can see from my below email questions to Hotwire (previous to our visit) I became suspicious when we were not told where to check-in, where we would be staying, the paperwork from our booking said ot to call the resort. The number they had no one answered for me or the Hotwire service rep.

I received no help and we traveled for hours to the resort and chose to checkin where we thought would be best at the entrance of the Hilton. I suspected we would be placed in the Bayside now called the LaCeil. I remembered having problems the other time we had tried staying there. The checkin lines were long and the room keys often did not work.

We didn't know until we arrived were we would exactly be placed. It was the Bayside now called LaCeil on the bayside of the Resort.

the stated amenities were not available and we were charged for parking.

The room had an in wall leaking (onto the balcony black and pink fluid) noisy moldy air conditioner. Our grandsons have asthma and would cough every time we entered the room. You could smell the mold. I have photos and will post on Trip Advisor.

Yes it is on the bay which is very shallow and the gnats ate us alive. We saw few people out watching the sunset.

The whole outdoor/pool area was filthy. The kid zone had a pool table with splintered sticks, very dangerous.

The pool was unattended and the towels, when available were thin dingy old bath towels.

The tram was very unpredictable. The room did not have a hotplate, it did have a microwave and a mini frig. You get 1 cup of coffee. 2 cups 2 wine glasses. No silverware or plates or bowls.

Many times no wash cloths. The water pressure was very low.

Hotwire said it would be comparable to a Marriot or Intercontinental. It was much more like a hotel 6.

There was a condo owner who spend several days repairing the room across from ours facing the bay leaving their door open til way past 10 pm. The owner was not happy and the moving van blocked the front door.

We were repeatedly told we should have just called them and NOT book through Hotwire as they could do nothing to help us now. We were very disappointed.

I have used Hotwire for years and I have had one other bad experience - which they fixed. This is why I stayed with them.

The customer service had no desire to help us.

I know Betterbidding lists the Sandestin as a 3.5 and a 2. That is because it is a crap shoot in just what you get. The Resort said it depends on what we paid as to what we get. It was not as advertised a 4 star more like a 2 star.

I was told they did a 2 million renovation. I did see new paint and 2 new water walls in the entrance. It had added furniture to each floor. We had a metal sculpture in our room, which had very sharp edges. I hung a towel over it after running into it the first night.

They also had Otis there the entire week working on the elevator which made for long waits or walking 6 floors with beach gear.

I will not be using Hotwire again and I strongly warn you if you see a 4 star for $98 - it's not for the Hotel you'll be staying at.

Next time I will use VRBO when wanting to visit this resort. You have photos, reviews and a phone number to call if there is a problem.

Very disappointed in Hotwire.

---------

Begin forwarded message:

Date: April 18, 2013 9:56:01 AM CDT

To: Hotwire Support <[email protected]>

Dear Gabriel H. -

Can you please let me know where I am to check in at fir this Boutique Hotel - which is not rated 4 star (it is stated on numerous sites to be a 2.5 Star at best).

I am disappointed you advertised the reservation was for a 4 star reservation and I would know where it was. Also the additional charges for parking and resort fees are listed on your amenities. I would think Hotwire would offer something in a way of customer service, especially since we use your services frequently. Such as a refund or an up grade such as a Bayside view or a 1 bedroom suite at the LaCiel. Also the woman I spoke to at the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort check in told me they did not own this particular property. Which is also something your amenities and star rating state.

Unfortunately I do not have 10 days to wait for a response and I really don't want to be wandering around this very large resort looking for where I check-in. Costing me vacation time, gas and was not something stated on your site.

I would appreciate you letting me know just where we are to check in and if you could do anything to ensure a better experience for us, such as a room facing the Bay or an upgrade to the one bedroom suite.

I am hoping you will be able to help me. I would appreciate it and it would be reflected in the reviews I will be leaving on the numerous websites for Hotwire and this particular advertised 4 Star Resort.

Sincerely,

-------

On Apr 18, 2013, at 8:41 AM, Hotwire Support wrote:

Dear -----,

Thank you for contacting Hotwire Customer Care regarding your hotel reservation at the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort in Destin, Florida for check in on April 21, 2013, Hotwire itinerary 6953469973. I understand you are concerned about the hotel you are booked with at this resort. I regret any frustration this has caused you.

I spoke with Sandra at the hotel's front desk, and she advised me that you will be staying at LeCiel at Sandestin, which is a hotel property that is owned and operated by the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort. While free parking is listed as an amenity on this reservation, an estimated $15 per night resort fee does apply. You can find out more information about this hotel, including their address, on their site at http://hotelleciel.com/contact/.

I have forwarded your concerns about the star rating of this hotel to the Hotwire Research Department for further review. Please allow seven to 10 business days for a response to your star rating inquiry.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to reply to this email, or call us directly at 1-866-HOTWIRE(468-9473) or 1-417-520-1680 if you are outside of the United States or Canada.

Thank you for choosing Hotwire.

Sincerely,

Gabriel H.

Hotwire Customer Care

-----Original Message-----

Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 03:59 PM

To: [email protected] ([email protected])

Hello -

I just booked a 4 star resort and was told it was the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort (850) 267-8000 this number did not answer. I called twice as did your representative Carrie.

I called your customer service and spoke to Carrie - I wanted to know where I was staying. I have stayed at this resort before and know there are many places to stay and not all are rated 4 star. I also needed to know where the check-in would be, which I am not sure of even yet. I know there are more than one place to checkin as we have stayed there before. The address you give on the itinerary is not for the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort or the boutique Hotel LeCiel.

I was told to call the main number found on their website (800) 622-1038. The woman there asked me what rate I paid when I told her - she told I would be staying at the "LaCiel and they are not even owned by the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort." I feel the advertised rate and 4 star rating is misleading also the LeCiel isn't even owned by the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort.

Trip Advisor rates them a 3 star. I have stayed here before and I would also NOT rate it a 4 star. Very misleading to represent this as a 4 star and owned by the resort. Trip Advisor list as B+B and Inns. And their location and number are 1.877.9LeCiel ~ 160 Sandestin Boulevard North, Sandestin, FL 32550 not what is listed on the Hotwire Itinerary. There is also no restaurant at this boutique hotel as stated. It also states the additional Resort fee is for parking as your Amenities state it has free parking.

The other times we have stayed her we had difficulty finding staff, checking in and it was dirty.

I am disappointed that this is how Hotwire is now doing business. I have used Hotwire many times over many years and remember once even being moved to a different Hotel because the one we were booked at was not the rating they advertised.

I am very disappointed and will definitely be effected by this in the future when deciding to use Hotwire. I am hoping you will try to do something to ensure I will receive the 4 star Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort room as I expected.

http://www.tripadvis...in_Florida.html

I hope you will do something to make up for what I feel has been a less than truthful experience, especially when this property isn't even owned by the Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort and definitely not rated 4 star.

Sincerely,

---------

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]