Priceline Hotel: Timing for Fall in Manhattan?

Speirsy11
By Speirsy11,
in

Hi everyone

Travelling to NYC Oct 3-6, 2013 and hoping to score a quality 3.5*+ for a decent price through Priceline (linked through this site of course ;) ).

My question is, should I be trying now, 5+ months out, or will I have better luck closer to date of departure? I see that Altoid score the Waldorf for $158 a month (congrats!), to get a deal like that should I be waiting or getting on it now?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Speirsy

October (and generally from around September to Mid-December) is a busy/very busy period in NYC, with some stretches that can be quite expensive (wins for this time period do not reflect what it may take for October.)

If this October is similar to how the Fall traditionally is, I would pick a "ceiling" and bid up to that ceiling every 3-5 days for a couple of months.

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay and which zone/s would be acceptable?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Can you provide the address or cross streets of where your meeting will be located?

Are you ok taking the subway OR a short taxi ride (under $10) to your meeting location?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click each of these previous links before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Your budget may be tough at the moment, but to evaluate and move forward...

At 3.5* and below some of the hotels in the MTE zone can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway, would this be acceptable? At the 3.5 and below the CPS zone has the Hudson Hotel which has notoriously small rooms, even by NYC standards.

Would each of the above be acceptable or should be not consider these zones when researching rates and compiling a bidding strategy?

If you could win a 3.5* or better hotel now for $200 would that be a 'good deal' and acceptable to lock this in now?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click each of these links before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]