Hotwire Hotel: 4* Condado

See theworld
By See theworld,
in

Completely disappointed that PL restructured SJ to 4 star. It used to be a can't miss bidding resort.

Right now, scoring the Water Club or the Sheraton would be a complete disappointment (in my situation).

Looking for May 11-18 - and the Conrad Condado would be my first pick. Any ideas to help my odds (not so much of getting the Conrad but of not getting the other two)?

Sorry, it's a little off topic. I hate to waste people's time but I expect it's now just part of the risk

Love the site.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If PRICELINE's new star rating doesn't work for your needs, you can take a look at HOTWIRE which has recently sub-divided the 'San Juan' area into three smaller zones, so it is easier to target the geographic area you want.

PRICELINE EXPRESS is also an option if you're able to 'safely' predict that the hotel offered is not one that you're trying to avoid (ie- if the hotel shows Beachfront and the hotels you're trying to avoid are not beachfront)

If neither of the above fit in well with your plans you can also have a look at our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which makes it easy to see hotels that are closer to your desired location as well as how much more/less it would cost to stay closer/further away OR to go up/down in star rating.

Let us know what you find with any of the above options and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2 adults, 2 kids

May 11-18

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

How likely is this Conrad Condado?

3 adults, 1 child

I get:

Free Internet

Beachfront Property

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

What are the 4 stars in Condado other than Conrad?

The 2a/2c property has not yet been reported to the board and i don't have any insight as to which one this may be.

The 3a/1c property matches previous reports for the Caribe Hilton so that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Above are you referring to the Caribe Hilton and the Conrad Condado Plaza?

If so what makes the location of the former not as good and the latter much better... the two hotels aren't really that far apart from each other?

See MAPS and HOTELS.com for the location of each.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- if you decide to book either of the above direct please use the Hilton link in our Support Page. Thanks.

The Conrad is at the west end of Ashford Avenue. Ashford is bustling all times of the day. Always people out and many good places to eat drink.

The Caribe is close but it's about a .75 mile walk (not bad) but it's over the bridge and a few blocks off to the north - and the immediate area is fairly dead. It's not a bad area - just night and day as far as surroundings. So much so that I am considering paying extra to stay at Conrad.

• 5 months later...

I've stayed at both the Conrad (multiple times) and the Water Club. While the Conrad is a much nicer hotel, your assertion that the Conrad is in a better location is absurd. It's probably the worst located hotel in San Juan--it's surrounded by abandoned hotels crumbling to the ground, and there is no beach save for a tiny private beach that is unpleasant to swim at(although the Conrad does have a nice pool). The Water Club, on the other hand, has probably the best beach location of any in San Juan, being right smack dab in the center of Isla Verdes beach. You walk out the front door of the Water Club and you're literally on the beach.

Sure, the Water Club is a pretty much a boutique style hotel (although it may be a bit too large to really be a boutique), but judging by what San Juan really has to offer in terms of nice hotels, I can't argue with Priceline making it a 4-star hotel. I'm not sure what your beef is, but I think you lack perspective about the true quality of San Juan hotels. Puerto Rico ain't Hawaii, my friend.

• 6 months later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

If you didn't, please use the links in our Support Page for your non-opaque purchases, where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies, including Hotels.com (and our MAPS and HOTELS.com service also has a tab for Hotels..com)

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]