Priceline Hotel: 4* Portland (Downtown) The Benson Hotel a Coast Hotel

vayla
By vayla,
in

When did you start bidding? (i.e. how many days before your stay)

Where did you start the bidding? ($85? $90?)

Did you do a whole new bid process for each increment (i.e. went to Priceline's homepage and created a new request), or did you modify the current one, using the tactic mentioned in the FAQ?

tokar,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

Rates are date specific and there are a LOT of factors that effect availability and which hotel you receive on a winning bid. If you'd like help with your own upcoming stay feel free to start a NEW TOPIC and we'll try to assist with your travel plans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When did you start bidding? (i.e. how many days before your stay)

Where did you start the bidding? ($85? $90?)

Did you do a whole new bid process for each increment (i.e. went to Priceline's homepage and created a new request), or did you modify the current one, using the tactic mentioned in the FAQ?

Hi Tokar,

It looks like I started bidding around eight days before our stay. I don't remember what my first bid was, but I always start as low as I can after determining what prices others on the board have won. In this case, there was not much to go on as most of the posted wins were for weekends, and I thought I read once that downtown hotels are emptier during the weekend as they cater to business people during the week. In this case nobody seemed to get anything for less than $80, so I probably started around $75 (since at 4* there are lots of rebid opportunities). I base my increments on how many rebids are available and the prices other bidders have won. In downtown Portland at 4* there is no need to create a new request with so many free rebids available. Hope that helps.

Hi Tokar,

It looks like I started bidding around eight days before our stay. I don't remember what my first bid was, but I always start as low as I can after determining what prices others on the board have won. In this case, there was not much to go on as most of the posted wins were for weekends, and I thought I read once that downtown hotels are emptier during the weekend as they cater to business people during the week. In this case nobody seemed to get anything for less than $80, so I probably started around $75 (since at 4* there are lots of rebid opportunities). I base my increments on how many rebids are available and the prices other bidders have won. In downtown Portland at 4* there is no need to create a new request with so many free rebids available. Hope that helps.

Yes, this information helps.

What changes did you make to your request each time to rebid? Or did you just wait 24 hours each time to make the rebid?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]