Priceline Hotel: [NYC] UES zone, 10/5-10/8, 3* bidding help

sanji
By sanji,
in

Hello,

I would appreciate some advise to bid for the following:

New-York, UES (Upper East Side), 10/5-10/8 (3 nights, 2 rooms, 4 persons), 3* hotel

Seems there is a very limited choice of hotel.

The normal price for Hotel Wales, for example, is 300 US$ per room per night.

Do you think I would get any chance with a 200US$ offer? I would also consider Midtown East, which has hotels in all categories. Upper West Side offers only 2.5*, and would be a free rebid possibility.

I was thinking to start with Midtown East and Upper East Side for 5*, then lower at 4*, then at 3*, and then add the re-bid area. What about this? From which amount should I start?

Thanks,

sanji

Prices for mid-September onward have been very high and i think it benefits users to broaden their acceptable zones as much as possible to help get the best deal.

We see very little bidding (and even less success) in the UES zone since there are less than a handful of hotels in this area which participate with priceline. Including MTE does help your situation, but i would also inquire if MTW and UM/CPS can be included too?

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Including MTE does help your situation, but i would also inquire if MTW and UM/CPS can be included too?

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

I then would include UM/CPS as well as MTE, but if possible would stay away from MTW, as it starts to be quite far from the place I would like to stay. Should a first bidding be unsucessful, would I reconsider again...

Thanks,

sanji

I'm less than optimistic you will hav success as your maximum price, but this is how i would proceed. At the 4* level you have 2 re-bid zones, at the 3* level you have one.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected clsoe browser adn re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected clsoe browser adn re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected clsoe browser adn re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UES...

Bid $160, if rejected clsoe browser adn re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE...

Bid $160, if rejected clsoe browser adn re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Select 3* UES and MTE...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected clsoe browser adn re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UES and UM/CPS...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected clsoe browser adn re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UES and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected clsoe browser adn re-access priceline however you did previously.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]